Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to take him for a walk today, he has been going stir crazy since I injured my foot a couple weeks ago. I haven't been able to properly walk him. I hadn't realized how big he has gotten!:glasses-nerdy:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Oh he's beautiful! I sometimes regret cutting Vegas hair, i'd love to give him a topknot but he loves the lake too much!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What a pretty poodle :) Love the topknot too. Sometimes when I am just itching to cut Jazz's topknot I go and look at pictures like that. It helps me to resist the urge so yay thanks for one more pretty pic to add to my list of DON'T CUT THAT!! reasons.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vaus will be 7 months on the third of this month. He is kinda thin though, he only weighs 36 lbs. He is 22 inches tall. I wish he had more weight, he eats like a bird....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What a very handsome boy!!

LOL.. I know people like to use the term "eats like a bird" but do you know that pound for pound, a bird eats more per body weight than most animals? They eat about half their weight in food per day. LOL.. it is funny how we think since birds are small they don't eat much, but their metabolism goes so fast that they have to in order to survive.

My Grace was a hard feeder too, she would sometimes eat less than half of her breakfast meal and sometimes not even finish the leftovers for her evening meal. I cook chicken and fish for all the dogs and add that and yogurt and cooked eggs (not all at the same day/time) to their food and she eats everything now. I love it because they are happy and excited about their meals and their coats are nicer, their eyes never run and over all I know it is good for them. :)

Seeing as he is only 7 months old, I wouldn't worry about his weight, he has a lot of time yet for filling out and I am sure he will grow a bit more. My Angel is about the same age and 22 inches also and she is a very good eater. Her mother was 27 inches and her father 25 inches but looks like she is going to not be their height. Standard poodles are so variable in height, my sister and I went to see various litters of them and found it interesting how different the sizes of the siblings were, a couple of litters were so variable that we thought we were looking at two different litters together. LOL.

Hope your foot heals well and fast!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jester's Mom, I am going stir crazy along with the dog not being able to get around normally. I can't wait to go chase some bad guys when I get back to work!:devil::handcuffs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts