Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we walked Enzo to this grass area in front of these buildings to play . It seems like every time I want to use my good camera bad weather is always around. I took these shots before it started to rain on us lol

I am happy he is starting to stack better

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
he is sooo handsom! I'm liking the angle you got on his rear end, and I'm loving the chest too, that looks nice.

How old is he now? I'm kicking myself for cutting Saleen's hair now... it would be so much fun to grow her out for the puppy trim. *sigh* Oh well LoL.

He is such a lovely color too, as always, love the red :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'm in love with his coat and his color, he is stunning! I trimmed Vega a bit (A-snap and topknot) I wonder if his coat will grow out long enough to look similar to that when he's older (he's only 4 months right now, maybe 4 1/2 months)

He's beautiful! I like that leash too, it's pretty. I notice weird things, where did you get it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
He looks wonderful

How long is his fur on his main body.

I ask.....because Star is having her 4/5 inch puppy fur trimmed Friday (so I can keep her more hygenically clean) and I like the length on Enzo!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me ask my sister about what she used for his face and how long is his coat
Thanks for the complements guys

·
Registered
149 Posts
How long is his fur on his main body.

I ask.....because Star is having her 4/5 inch puppy fur trimmed Friday (so I can keep her more hygenically clean) and I like the length on Enzo!
I'm finding that a 1/2" & 3/4" comb attachment is a pretty good length for Morgan's back, a 1" for her legs & a 1.5" for her neck & head. I'm looking for a 2". I think i might need that for when she's older.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Enzo has about 2inches of coat we wish it was longer but thats another story ,
My sister shaved his face with wahl Performer.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The pics look good of Enzo. The rear is going to be the biggest challenge getting right though. Dont get me wrong he's groomed nicely but I would work on the rear angle more. Having Sting put into pattern from a show groomer helped me get it better.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Enzo has about 2inches of coat we wish it was longer but thats another story ,
My sister shaved his face with wahl Performer.
Thanks.

I just took Star to be groomed. The groomer wants to leave her body long for now. She says it is a shame to take it shorter until it has to go.....that the adult coat is coming in but the puppy hair at the tips needs its 'last hurrah'.

I said 'okay'.

She will be a puff ball when I pick her up.

Guess I'll get her shorter at the next groom.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The pics look good of Enzo. The rear is going to be the biggest challenge getting right though. Dont get me wrong he's groomed nicely but I would work on the rear angle more. Having Sting put into pattern from a show groomer helped me get it better.
Yeah still not finish with the rear I told my sister it still needs fixing I will be sure to post FINISHED product LOL which should be this week coming since the show is on sat

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah still not finish with the rear I told my sister it still needs fixing I will be sure to post FINISHED product LOL which should be this week coming since the show is on sat
I dont mean to say to much but unless you are just finishing getting the stray hairs I wouldnt cut anymore off. You have to let the rear hair grow back that she just cut. Please dont take any offence...I just want to help with what little knowledge I know from my own doing's.

I think I have a pic of a puppy thats about are boys age. It helped me get a good side view of the rear and rear leg angle clip. Ok, Ive found it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont mean to say to much but unless you are just finishing getting the stray hairs I wouldnt cut anymore off. You have to let the rear hair grow back that she just cut. Please dont take any offence...I just want to help with what little knowledge I know from my own doing's.

I think I have a pic of a puppy thats about are boys age. It helped me get a good side view of the rear and rear leg angle clip. Ok, Ive found it.
No offense is taken , I think she messed up but there really is nothing we can do but fix it a little. The members in the red & apricot group loved it but they are on the east coast and like tighter cuts we cut our dogs loose on the west coast. He will just look like an east coast pup lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts