Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a 'heads up' on the use of the drug 'Deramaxx'

One of the dog people on my FB wall had her Vet prescribe this before and after CCL surgery and it almost killed her dog. Her dog was given half a 75mg tablet every 24 hours and it caused an ulcer to form. It caused the dog's duodenum to burst and was leaking stomach and bowel contents into her abdominal cavity and she became septic. The Vets said it was unquestionably caused by the Deramaxx. Her dog was hospitalized and ended up having two more surgeries and many days of hospitalization. The dog is still having many problems and another ultrasound is being done.
Of course she contacted the drug company and they offered to pay for half the expenses but they also wanted her to sign a non-disclosure......she refused and just wants to warn people about this drug and how terrible it's use can be for your dog.

I wish I knew how to copy her story here to PF but that is beyond my talents! It was posted on the Friendly Poodle People site by Lori Ross (she is actually my DIL's Aunt LOL!) and she shared it from a post by a person named Tammy Marie dated 11/23

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
How sad for both the owner and the dog.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Thank you so much for the heads-up! So sorry the dog suffered so horribly from this drug! The drug company's attitude makes me sick :angry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts