Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for pups to pee on themselves? Pearl squats, but doesn't do a good job of avoiding her back legs. We give her a bath once a week, but her legs are very dirty. Would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Do you mean her back feet are touching the urine on the ground ?

If so, there isn’t much you can do, except make her go on the grass, where the piddle will be absorbed so won’t soil her paws.

Eventually when she grows taller, the distance between her feet and genitals will increase and she won’t be stepping in her own urine.

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
I am also having a hard time mentally seeing what you mean. If a bitch squatted very close to a hard surface I could see some back splash which would be taken care of by having her go on grass. Males often have bad aim when they start lifting their legs and may pee on themselves, but on the back of their front legs, not their back legs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Our Merry occasionally doesn't squat all the way or will start walking before she has finished urinating and get a little on her back legs. It happens less now that she's getting older and more confident in her surroundings. In the past she would try to rush through it if we weren't at home.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also having a hard time mentally seeing what you mean.

It’s literally the back of her legs. In this photo, she has just been brushed and you can see the matted soiled hair just below the back of her knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Did you try clipping the pee string on her vulva ?

I don’t get how she can do this, especially if she soils both legs. This just doesn’t make any sense.

Have you seen her get urine on her legs ? How does it happen ?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'd first have her sanitary areas groomed, and have her potty in aa area (grass) where it will soak into the ground. I can imagine if she is going on a hard surface, like a street or sidewalk it splashing up on her.. Otherwise its hard to figure out how she is doing this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts