Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that my miniature loves to chew, steal, hide and play with socks.

She has so many toys, but I always catch her stealing socks from the laundry baskets and bedrooms! I come upstairs and I always find her prancing around with them! I think she loves the idea of getting away with something naughty and she knows it.

Even my boyfriend's toy poodle loves to play with socks. Does anyone else deal with this? My English Bulldog never showed this much interest in playing with my clothes. Haha maybe its a poodle thing? :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
We have 4 poodles. 2 toys and 2 standards. One of our toys loves socks. Doesn't matter if they are dirty or clean, she just has a thing for socks, doesn't bother any other clothes, just socks. She will pull dirty socks ot of the hamper or steal clean socks from a pile of laundry , just out of the dryer. Our other toy and our two standards look at her like she is nuts and go get one of their doggie toys trying to bait her into playing with them, but "no" if she has access to socks thats what she wants.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Murphy has a thing for socks, too. And slippers. We're always finding her stealing them and taking them to her pillow She doesn't really chew them up but she loves to nibble on them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
In the same vein... Many many years ago we had a white toy, Monique, who had a thing for undies. Clean or dirty, it didn't matter and but her all time favorite were my dads boxers. Every spring, after the snow melted, we'd take inventory of which boxers she got. They were always my dads. ROFL

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My dogs are norty too, they just love to grab mine and my daughters knickers rofl. They are sock and shoe thieves also but their fav is the knickers grrrrrrrrr

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
When moose was younger he ate MANY SOCKS and would yack them up in the middle of the night... normally right before it was time to get upin the AM!!!

He also ate a TON of paper towels and dryer sheets, poooped them out and if I hit them while mowing they went POOF and scraed me haha.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Ginger is a sock stealer for sure! she and Teddy play tug of war! all my socks have these little holes! lol

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I might jinx myself saying this but so far non of my poo's like to play with socks. The Wonder Puppy on the other hand.... LOVES them. Ironicly enough, she seems to perfer dirty ones?? Not very princesslike but there ya go LoL. She shakes them really hard to "kill" them and then she gaurds to dead sock from the other dogs. If one of them comes over the see what it is or if I come over to take it away she will run over and try and lay down on it. So far she only likes my dirty socks?? Never seen her with a pair of Johns.

The wardrobe issue I have with the spoos is that they have learned that since mommy carries cookies in all her pockets almost all the time (what can I say, we do a lot of training lol), there are usualy cookie crumbs in those pockets. If they get a chance they will attack and chew threw any unattended pants or scrub top pocket... I actualy don't have a single pair of pants now that has an intact pocket on the inside.. :( LoL. My fault though I guess for leaving them wear the spoos could get them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts