Poodle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Just wondering if you might have been nervous about her appointment and her going in without you? If so she would pick up on that and react. They are so in tune!

I wondered about the peeing in the car. Perhaps a walk first to be able to pee? And then very short practice rides without time to pee and then be rewarded. I liked the suggestions for leaving her with other people. These can be very short also to start with so that she is confident you are coming back. Best of luck with your adorable one :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just wondering if you might have been nervous about her appointment and her going in without you? If so she would pick up on that and react. They are so in tune!

I wondered about the peeing in the car. Perhaps a walk first to be able to pee? And then very short practice rides without time to pee and then be rewarded. I liked the suggestions for leaving her with other people. These can be very short also to start with so that she is confident you are coming back. Best of luck with your adorable one :)
Thanks, Kontiki - you are right that she was probably picking up on my nervousness - it was stressful time all around.
To clarify, she didn't pee in the car - she had a UTI which is why I had brought her in, and had been peeing all morning in the house and yard, and then when we arrived, on the grassy patch outside the vet's. I just meant that she was feeling distressed/uncomfortable about with the UTI, which no doubt added to the weirdness of the whole thing. She rarely has accidents in the house now (only if we mess up and forget how long it's been), and never has in the car.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts