Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am SO proud of my little girl right now!!

Today was the first time she has ever been in contact with other dogs and people outside our home!! I took her out with every intention of giving her the chance to meet some new people and dogs. At first I wanted to go to this one person that breeds Dachshunds and has a whole bunch of dachshunds, but they were busy with yard work so I chose not to disturb them. I then wanted to go to my neighbors that have a pug and live right next to a park, but she was leaving to go somewhere. Finally I found the perfect place. My neighbor who owns a chihuahua, a shih tzu, and a ST BERNARD!! So I went up to her and introduced myself, then asked her if she could please bring out one of the smaller dogs as I am trying to socialize Belle. She was all for it and said, "Of course!" so she first brought out Mister, the little chihuahua. At first Mister was a little barky but eventually calmed down and the two of them sniffed each other out of curiousity. Belle was very good! Nervous a little but still very curious of the new dog! After Belle got comfortable with Mister, we brought out Jasmine the shih tzu. Jasmine is very protective so was very barky but after quite some time she settled down and accepted belle and myself in her territory. Now the fun starts, we brought out Zoey, the st bernard! Belle became VERY nervous and her eyes got so wide she looked so funny!! She immediatly darted behind me and hid between my legs!! :pound::pound::pound:

We put Zoey and Jasmine on the tie out and kept Mister on his leash. I took Belle off her leash because she's very good about staying around me. The whole pack became relaxed and I was just amazed at how well Belle was being around them! So we set up a date to take her back there on Monday and let her play with her new friends again! :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
That is awsome! You are lucky to have such great neighbors! Socialization is VERY important and I am sure it will help her with her anxiety!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awsome! You are lucky to have such great neighbors! Socialization is VERY important and I am sure it will help her with her anxiety!
Yes I was very excited that the neighbor was letting us take our time in getting belle socialized!! Most would just throw their dogs infront of another dog for 10 minutes then be like, "Ok thanks bye!" but this one was very awesome!! I'm excited she's letting us come around anytime after 6:30 and anytime on weekends!! This will be perfect for Belle since she gets bored at home!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back from taking her to meet the pug which is actually a mix of beagle/pug. So a puggle :laugh:. She LOVED him! Gonna take her again tomorrow!! :)!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well' I am proud of little Belle, she is becoming quit the social butterfly! LOL!!! I am like I said really happy you have great neighbor who are animal lovers to!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That is so great that your neighbors are willing to help you out with socializing Belle. It is such an important thing for any dog. I hope Belle enjoys her play date on Monday. :) :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
How wonderful that Belle has so many new friends! She must be one happy little puppy. Isn't it the cutest thing when the run and sit between your legs for you to protect them? LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts