Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
A PT Cruiser, of course! (P.oodle T.ransport is what we call it!) A standard poodle nose poking out of each back window :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Right now I have a dodge Caliber and it works great for the poodles back seet has a sling type cover over it and both fit perfect.
I have had the seat down as well but feel they are to free like that

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh man... that's a lot of snow! Is it a recent photo? I know you've already had a couple of falls, haven't you? And some 'close calls'. I hear there is one in store very soon.
Thank goodness my SP's all have loved the snow. Amelia is out in Ogden now and I hear she doesn't want to come in when it's out there. In show coat too! :(

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Not as big as yours but it gets the poos around....
That is a perfect picture of your white vehicle and that gorgous poodle ;) ;)

Me right now I have a Nissan Altima so needless to say I need to go back to the SUV's because we travel with ours.:)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not as big as yours but it gets the poos around....
Like it
Here is Dad driving and Daughter in the back seat :) Wonder where they are going ! This really can haul some stuff we have had 3 X-pens three crates grooming table tack box Easyup ground cover blah blah and our stuff too...

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
I drive a 1996 Jeep Cherokee. OMG I love it. I've only had it since October but it's nice having trunk space I can have open crates, and it's an older car in okay shape inside so I really don't care if dogs destroy it (hopefully seat covers and harnesses coming soon). Previously I had a 2002 Chevy Impala... not very handy when trialing or hauling dogs around!!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
No, Desert, that was last winter, but that picture was taken in november, so we're bound for another dump like that. x_x We got a couple inches yesterday, and I'm right near Ogden, so I feel your spoodaughters pain!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh good... more snow! Can't wait to see pictures of her out in it... but have to admit, I'm glad we only deal with it a couple of days each winter. It never sticks to the streets, just looks pretty on the trees, rocks and rooftops for a bit. We have mountains around us so we get the lovely view too.
I can do without icy morning roads... been there done that! :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Icy morning roads.. and snow being so high you can't even get out of your driveway. Had almost the whole neighborhood helping me.. so luck. ^^ Had to call in that day. I wish I lived further south like you..

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
We didn't register Saleen as Mustang Sally for nothing

We have a ...
014.jpg 001.jpg johnmartinistang.jpg
... that hubby is totally obsessed with at times. This is not exactly how the car looks right this moment, it changes pretty frequently. Not sure if you can see it or not but John has replaced the mustang pony emblem on the sides with a diecast transformers decipticon.. or however you spell it lol, symbol and we get stopped all the time at stop lights and in parking lots by people who just HAVE to know where we got that. (Ebay). He's also a big fan of lights :rolffleyes: but I'd have to get a video to show those properly, he was an EMT so has emergancy lights in the car even though he doesn't use them right now. He's thinking of going back to that though so hasn't taken them out.

Saleen completely doesn't "get" that there are no backdoors to this car and she is supposed to go behind the seat when I fold it forward for her. There is normaly a lot of shoving and a big old clumsy goofy "thunk" before she manages to heave herself into place lol. I think my Silver baby is blonde at heart LOL. There is also sort of a lot of pushing and shoving and " Mooommm, she's on my side!!" that goes on when we first get in but they settle down and it's ok. Thus far we have not attempted to put all four dogs in this car, We have a Toyota Camry for that lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I drive a 1996 Jeep Cherokee. OMG I love it. I've only had it since October but it's nice having trunk space I can have open crates, and it's an older car in okay shape inside so I really don't care if dogs destroy it (hopefully seat covers and harnesses coming soon). Previously I had a 2002 Chevy Impala... not very handy when trialing or hauling dogs around!!
I have a 1995 white Jeep Grand Cherokee. I bought it when I was managing a humane society and, with the back seat folded down, I could fit at least three really big crates in the back - very helpful when I was picking up mulitple dogs at the pound to take back to the shelter. I've been driving the Jeep probably since about 2002ish and it has lots and lots of miles on it, but I love it too! :)

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have a ...
View attachment 5257 View attachment 5258 View attachment 5259
... that hubby is totally obsessed with at times. This is not exactly how the car looks right this moment, it changes pretty frequently. Not sure if you can see it or not but John has replaced the mustang pony emblem on the sides with a diecast transformers decipticon.. or however you spell it lol, symbol and we get stopped all the time at stop lights and in parking lots by people who just HAVE to know where we got that. (Ebay). He's also a big fan of lights :rolffleyes: but I'd have to get a video to show those properly, he was an EMT so has emergancy lights in the car even though he doesn't use them right now. He's thinking of going back to that though so hasn't taken them out.

Saleen completely doesn't "get" that there are no backdoors to this car and she is supposed to go behind the seat when I fold it forward for her. There is normaly a lot of shoving and a big old clumsy goofy "thunk" before she manages to heave herself into place lol. I think my Silver baby is blonde at heart LOL. There is also sort of a lot of pushing and shoving and " Mooommm, she's on my side!!" that goes on when we first get in but they settle down and it's ok. Thus far we have not attempted to put all four dogs in this car, We have a Toyota Camry for that lol.
Nice car dont let my hubby see it :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Ha. I laugh at all the complaining of small cars! Ha! Lol

I drive a teeny tiny beetle. We have never had all four dogs in the beetle, but have had three in there. PC can't ride with anyone else now, so we have to take two cars. But, Perry doesn't really even count as a dog, since he curls up in my lap (much to TQ's dismay) and conks out.

I will say... I love my beetle. Love. It has great get-up-and-go, drives exactly how I like (I am an extremely competitive driver), takes my fast turns, and takes me as fast as u want to go (the highway down to New Mexico let the beetle strut it's stuff at well over 100),etc.... But the darn thing is too small! My high aspirations are for a Nissan Rogue. But since I can't afford a new car, I would happily take a truck any day. (I love Broncos, and would kill for a Cherokee, though!)

·
Registered
875 Posts
a burgandy chrysler town and country, it has those stow and go seats that fold right into the floor. it also has remote door and trunk openers, which is awesome when you are at a show or the park or wherever and your hands are full.

best part of all it has cool stickers on it
these are my favorites (it is a t-shirt design in the pic, but is a white oval sticker on my van with black lettering, and I have a Borzoi one as well as a bumper sticker that says "My poodle is smarter than your honor student"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a burgandy chrysler town and country, it has those stow and go seats that fold right into the floor. it also has remote door and trunk openers, which is awesome when you are at a show or the park or wherever and your hands are full.

best part of all it has cool stickers on it
these are my favorites (it is a t-shirt design in the pic, but is a white oval sticker on my van with black lettering, and I have a Borzoi one as well as a bumper sticker that says "My poodle is smarter than your honor student"
Sounds like a nice Van ! I have seen these in the commercials and they look really nice! Love the sticker Idea !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts