Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working on basic commands the last three days and now my Sohie will sit....:) I am so proud of her.
The hardest one is trying to get her to lay down... man, I am thinking if we ever get that one we will be doing pretty good.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Good for Sophie!

When I first got Tate, he thought that "sit" meant lay. So any time you told him to sit, well, he'd lay down. I had to re-teach him as he had his commands switched around. Now we have lay and sit... and most of the time he does the right one :) sometimes he'll lay and I have to tell him to do a "proper sit" and he'll pop right back up.

I think I'm amazed daily at how smart poodles are!

Good luck with lay!

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Sophie looks absolutely precious and I'm sure you're a wonderful trainer. Good luck and enjoy watching her learn as she grows. Isn't it just the most rewarding thing in the world to be able to communicate with such a lovely creature?

I also work hard at trying to understand what Chagall is trying to tell me with his head cocks and vocal noises (he has a range!). I figure since he's been so darn cooperative about following my commands and learning my language and signals, I owe him the same!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try putting her on the couch. you sit on the floor. try to get her to lay down in that position. I used food as an lure to teach my dog. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts