Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And groomed Dima similar to her Taffy.

She now looks like a angry Crested :p which is good since I have a little Crested envy towards Lisa's(Tango Poodles) beautiful crested.

I have no idea what this clip is called if it is called anything.

But I thought it would be nice since we are growing out Dimas coat and we don't really need all of the other stuff now except from her top knot, neck and little bit of the back, the rest will only take about 6 months to grow and we do not plan on showing her the next 12 months. So I am skipping some extra work.

I know she won't be the best looking spoo on the street but we will get there one day :p
The pics are a little blurry since Dima is a little blurry in real life (she can never stay still)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its cute!! you left the parts that need to grow out
Thanks.

Yes that was the idea since I have two in coat now and they are enough work already. And since she is not going into the ring soon I thought this would work :p

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
When I groom a lamb trim on a poodle and all Bichons, I start blocking out that same pattern. But to complete the groom I blend it rather than leave blunt edges. I can't describe it but you use scissors and a comb and go from the long maneCrest and transition to the topline and sides.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I groom a lamb trim on a poodle and all Bichons, I start blocking out that same pattern. But to complete the groom I blend it rather than leave blunt edges. I can't describe it but you use scissors and a comb and go from the long maneCrest and transition to the topline and sides.
I think I know what you mean. It would look nicer :D

Maybe I will try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well it lets me see her structure which I like very much!! Gosh she has a pretty head! Have you got your new boy yet?
Thank you, she is not perfect and has more flaws than Charly but she does look nice.

Her face is what I love about her although her eyes are a little to round. Here she is as a puppy :)

Polar my new boy will not be coming home until end of September :(
First he has to be 5 months old to come to Iceland then it is one months in quarantine. He is born 21.march

Attachments

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Thank you, she is not perfect and has more flaws than Charly but she does look nice.

Her face is what I love about her although her eyes are a little to round. Here she is as a puppy :)

Polar my new boy will not be coming home until end of September :(
First he has to be 5 months old to come to Iceland then it is one months in quarantine. He is born 21.march
She is pretty darned cute here!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
LMAO!! :pound: I LOVE IT!!

I call it the REAL lion clip! I used a lion image from the internet as a guide and clipped her as close to it as I could. I think the ones that look most like what I did with Taffy are the images 6 & 7. The exact image I used from the internet is no longer there.

I love it that it left most of her body short and cool for the summer but retained her nice mane.

Dima looks great in the clip!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LMAO!! :pound: I LOVE IT!!

I call it the REAL lion clip! I used a lion image from the internet as a guide and clipped her as close to it as I could. I think the ones that look most like what I did with Taffy are the images 6 & 7. The exact image I used from the internet is no longer there.

I love it that it left most of her body short and cool for the summer but retained her nice mane.

Dima looks great in the clip!

Love it, although I did not keep the hair on the front of her neck.

I call it the modified lazy real lion clip :p

But thanks for the inspiration I think Charly would look good in the real lion trim ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts