Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gave me Poodle Clipping and Grooming - The international Reference by Shirlee Kalstone..I am having fun reading it..I'm only a couple of chapters in but for someone who has never had poodles or done grooming other than wash and dry it is very interesting. Of course I asked her if this meant I had to start grooming Flyer..LOL..as she does his grooming (she's a groomer besides being his breeder)..luckily she said no but after finishing the book I might have to try something..*G*

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
it is *the* poodle grooming bible! I love it....

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I have it too! :biggrin: I started reading every page, but then started jumping around a bit - I'm sure I'll be learning a lot from it and I do attempt Lucy's grooming, so I try to find anything that will help me keep her looking nice. I have a few grooming videos, too. My plan is to take her to a pro groomer periodically to help keep her pattern where it needs to be, but I like doing the in-between stuff myself! Have fun with your "bible"! :)

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I have it too! :biggrin: I started reading every page, but then started jumping around a bit -
Thats what I had done too. I just started over again and plan to stick it through page by page:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I still have the post-it notes that I wrote stuff on when I first got mine about 10 years ago. If you ever have occasion to meet Shirley at a grooming show, ask her to sign yours. INTERGROOM is a huge show at the Meadowlands in New Jersey the weekend of the 16th of April. She is very nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts