Poodle Forum banner

So educate me

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Harley_chik 
#1 ·
I'm obviously igorant about what makes a good poodle. I found pictures off a breeder's site of two dogs and I want to know what you see. Are these good or bad examples of poodles, and more importantly: why?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You can't evaluate the Apricot Poodle because you can't see its conformation. It has great pigment, but perhaps a heavy head. Hard to tell because it is not well groomed. The Black puppy has flat feet. It went winner's dog, but I'd like to see more pictures.

Pedigrees?

#6 ·
Both Shirley Kalstone's Poodle grooming book and Del Dahl's The Complete Poodle have great sections on structure. They're honeslthy pretty similar and have some of the same illustrations. (It may even be from the site Kpoos linked now that I think of it.) Both books are really great and if you look around ebay and amazon, you can find a good deal. I think Kalstone's book is a good buy for every Poodle owner. It can help someone who wants to groom themselves or you can take it to the groomers and show them exactly what you want.

Also, look around here for some of the videos and pics people have posted from dog shows. Roxy posts a bunch of awesome videos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.