Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Fiona Shay (Mini Poodle), Margaret Maisie (Mini Poodle), Bailey Rose (Himalayan)
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miss Shay has 3 puzzles she does since we got her in November. On Saturday the 6 we left the new puppy Maggie in her kennel to go get new phones and the bank and Walmart. Shay was left out. Came home and both babies met me at the door. Ok so maybe I didn’t get the kennel latch correctly. On Tuesday the 9th, I had to do a meet for a tumbler I made for a customer. Same thing Maggie in kennel, triple check latch and Shay out. Yep met me at the door. So ok I’m not the brightest but I do learn….yesterday going swimming at a friends house…Maggie in kennel with it tied shut, Shay out. Came home, Shay met me at the door, so I’m thinking Yea!! Got it figured out…nope…kennel door open but Maggie is no where down stairs. Meanwhile Shay keeps going to the gate at the stairs. So I go and look and after I push the gate open and look up, there’s Maggie at the top of the stairs, which she’s never allowed to climb since she’s only 13 weeks old. So back to the drawing board with the latch. Man!!!! They are some super smart dogs. Picture is of the little critters ❤
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Flooring Mammal

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
1,150 Posts
Little stinker. :) You might want to try using some clips on the kennel (I'm assuming a wire one) door.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Hope you can video the escape artist. You never know who was involved unless you catch them in the act. I would want to videotape it to see her behavior when she is escaping? Is she calm but just looking to get out to have some fun or is she under extreme stress being left alone in the crate?

There are some crate latches that are more difficult to open such as the plastic crates for airline shipping https://www.amazon.com/Petmate-Kenn...Escape+Proof+Dog+Crate&qid=1660327669&sr=8-19.

This is my crate, the latch is more complex than many crates. https://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Fold...e+Proof+Dog+Crate&qid=1660327669&sr=8-26&th=1

I had a male cat that would move any obstacle out of the way (heavy furniture, open locked doors, crates etc) to get my tpoo puppy so he could be with her 24/7. He did things I had no idea a cat would do to release her from a crate. They had a life long special bond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts