Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,584 Posts
Excerpt: "Siba, who competed under the full entry name "GCHP CH Stone Run Afternoon Tea," was born in March 2016. She is co-owned by Connie Unger — who was the handler at Madison Square Garden — and William Lee."

And here's her pedigree link:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Excerpt: "Siba, who competed under the full entry name "GCHP CH Stone Run Afternoon Tea," was born in March 2016. She is co-owned by Connie Unger — who was the handler at Madison Square Garden — and William Lee."

And here's her pedigree link:
Vita -- Thanks for the pedigree link.

Chrystal Clas is Siba's handler. Connie Unger and William Lee are the owners. See the following link:

And some good news posted by handlers Chrystal and Paul Clas (posted on Facebook before the big win)
Lakeside Pet Resort is home to Siba. Her Non-Sporting Group win at Madison Square Garden was amazing. Chrystal and I are so proud of her accomplishments over the last two years and this year in New York City. Watch her compete in Best In Show tonight at the Westminster Kennel Club dog show on FS1 (Fox Sports). Our clients who own her are allowing her to retire with us after her final showing tonight. Our toddler, Aiden has been her best bud through her career and they will continue or to grow up together at our home in Hanover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to hear! My poodle is purely a pet, but like so many, she's the daughter of GCH Wildrose Bar-None Most Wanted, so she thinks she's a winner -- and that dogs that aren't poodles aren't really worth speaking to. It amazes me that she can tell -- she likes doodles and even mutts with a bit of poodle in them, but other dogs? Nah!

·
Premium Member
9,236 Posts
Does that mean Siba won’t be bred, if she is retiring with the handler? Seems wildly generous of her owners. Not sure how this works.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Nice to hear! My poodle is purely a pet, but like so many, she's the daughter of GCH Wildrose Bar-None Most Wanted, so she thinks she's a winner -- and that dogs that aren't poodles aren't really worth speaking to. It amazes me that she can tell -- she likes doodles and even mutts with a bit of poodle in them, but other dogs? Nah!
I was thrilled to see a gorgeous well bred Standard poodle won.
Your post made me laugh, my Leonard is much loved pet, but he knows he is handsome his daddy is GCH Rodell's Quite the Merry and has an opinion on other types dogs as well.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Does that mean Siba won’t be bred, if she is retiring with the handler? Seems wildly generous of her owners. Not sure how this works.
She is retiring from the show ring, but I have to assume that she is not retiring from breeding. My guess is that the owners and handlers have a detailed plan for breeding. They said that Siba will live with the handlers, but we don't know how breeding decisions, ownership of puppies, and financial benefits will be handled. My guess is that handlers and owners will both be well compensated, and that Siba will have the luxury of having puppies in her own home supported by the family that she knows and loves.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I think they mean retired from showing, not breeding. They'll make a small fortune with those pups!
I doubt her puppies will be any more expensive that others of similar quality. I will be interested to see what dog they choose to breed her to. She goes back to a wide variety of beautiful poodles.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was thrilled to see a gorgeous well bred Standard poodle won.
Your post made me laugh, my Leonard is much loved pet, but he knows he is handsome his daddy is GCH Rodell's Quite the Merry and has an opinion on other types dogs as well.
Quite the Merry is also Gilligan's grandfather :) Gilligan is very picky about what dogs he associates with. He hates the cockapoo across the street, but loves the cockers next door :)

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Quite the Merry is also Gilligan's grandfather :) Gilligan is very picky about what dogs he associates with. He hates the cockapoo across the street, but loves the cockers next door :)
Oh my goodness Nephew Gilligan and Uncle Lenny too funny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts