Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am $70 poorer! :doh: O.M.G. I cannot believe how much dog stuff costs but the Advantage was for a cat! No wonder people go a more natural route. It's so much cheaper! I could have used that $70 on a bunch of grooming stuff.:doh:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That is awful : (((. I am so sorry :smow:

I found somewhere that actually cat "dose" on a poodle works just fine :rolffleyes:

I guess one can save that way a LOT and also expose pets to much less toxins :rolffleyes:

I will try to find that info again - it is amazing through how much reading I can go in one day :doh:- by now I could have been fished with half of PhD theses LMAO

Wishing you the best of luck with exterminating that vermin ASAP !!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I hear ya. Personally I feel like I'm single handedly buying my Vet's retirement home LOL. Why when a pup is only getting shots, must I get charged an office visit every single time?!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya. Personally I feel like I'm single handedly buying my Vet's retirement home LOL. Why when a pup is only getting shots, must I get charged an office visit every single time?!
Okay get this. My husband works for the biggest dog lover ever! He owns a jewelry store but his love is dogs so he also runs the humane society and that's where he spends most of his time. He also owns 7 dogs in his home. Yes he's single!:lol: Anyway he just took all 7 to get their shots. Guess how much my husband tells me he spent? He spent $600! I was like WTH? Good grief I'd start giving shots myself if I had to spend that kind of money because that vet has to be charging an exam fee for every single one of those dogs! You think that they'd give the guy a break since he IS the director of our local humane society but he loves that vet and won't go anywhere else and he has the money to spend so whatever. This man also pays babysitters to come and watch the dogs so he can go out and do things at night. If he cannot get a babysitter, he doesn't go.:wacko:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Let me get something LOL - YOUR HUSBAND IS "SINGLE" ???:rolffleyes::bump2:

LMAO - OK .... I will try to pull that one with my hubby tonight and explain him that I am actually "single" :rofl:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me get something LOL - YOUR HUSBAND IS "SINGLE" ???:rolffleyes::bump2:

LMAO - OK .... I will try to pull that one with my hubby tonight and explain him that I am actually "single" :rofl:
What are you talking about? I said the man he works for!:lol:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Thats less then 100$/dog for that guy. That is actually really good!! He would of been charged more at my place (exam, vaccines, tag fee, fecal check, labwork, meds, etc). :D

I dont mean to sound bi*chy, but why shouldnt vets charge an exam fee for every visit if they do an exam? For puppy shots, we charge a smaller fee, but we still charge an exam fee as we do an exam each time.
Why is it such a problem if vets make money? They have to stay open and make money to provide services to people. It is a buisness after all even though we love pets.

If you think about it with the cost of products, the vet doesnt really make a whole lot of money. They have to buy the product themselves from the suppliers. The markup they do has to cover the cost of that, employee salaries, taxes, and the general cost of keeping the doors open, etc.
I always find it funny when people say they are paying for their vets car, or need a wing on the clinic, or whatever. If the clients that tell me this only knew what other people pay for their long-term sick pets (mostly it the middle-low paying clients that say this). Heck, if they knew what i spend on my own dog...

Sorry to get on a soapbox!! Nothing personal to anyone!! :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should look into pet insurance. When you have human health insurance the dr. works with the insurance company to offer a lower rate and then pass that on to you through the insurance company. Then you only have to pay a percentage and the dr. gets more business because he/she takes that insurance.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
What are you talking about? I said the man he works for!:lol:
LMAO - forgive the Wishopoo ROFL - second sentence read way to fast , I guess AND I am taking Zyrtec for my allergies LOL - you recommended it - remember LOL ??? But I do not complain :pound: It has some "wondrous" stuff in there - OBVIOUSLY LMAO !!!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG Zyrtec makes you SOOOOO out of it. I totally forgive you for that mistake on that stuff.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Okay get this. My husband works for the biggest dog lover ever! He owns a jewelry store but his love is dogs so he also runs the humane society and that's where he spends most of his time. He also owns 7 dogs in his home. Yes he's single!:lol: Anyway he just took all 7 to get their shots. Guess how much my husband tells me he spent? He spent $600! I was like WTH? Good grief I'd start giving shots myself if I had to spend that kind of money because that vet has to be charging an exam fee for every single one of those dogs! You think that they'd give the guy a break since he IS the director of our local humane society but he loves that vet and won't go anywhere else and he has the money to spend so whatever. This man also pays babysitters to come and watch the dogs so he can go out and do things at night. If he cannot get a babysitter, he doesn't go.:wacko:
LOL, big surprise he's single. That sounds cute though, in that special kind of "cat lady" way LOL.

Okay so I'm breaking up Jasper's shots as suggested by the breeder. I love my Vet, and have been seeing him for years, but I get hit with a $50 office visit every time. This seems to be common practice in our area. I just want to tell him to give me the dang syringe and let me do it LOL. Monday's visit was another $100... ca-ching. Time before this I took Jas AND the kitten and was hit with an office visit for EACH... ca-ching ca-ching. At this rate I'll have a good $300-400 shelled out just for Jasper's shots by the time we're done :doh:. On a bright note, he shouldn't be over vaccinated :D.

·
Super Moderator
2,956 Posts
I do my own DA2PP shots on all my dogs - I get the vaccines from my vet and administer them myself. The vet is required to do the rabies by law so I can't do that one - but I save $$ on the others... I also do my cats' vacs! :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
LOL, big surprise he's single. That sounds cute though, in that special kind of "cat lady" way LOL.

Okay so I'm breaking up Jasper's shots as suggested by the breeder. I love my Vet, and have been seeing him for years, but I get hit with a $50 office visit every time. This seems to be common practice in our area. I just want to tell him to give me the dang syringe and let me do it LOL. Monday's visit was another $100... ca-ching. Time before this I took Jas AND the kitten and was hit with an office visit for EACH... ca-ching ca-ching. At this rate I'll have a good $300-400 shelled out just for Jasper's shots by the time we're done :doh:. On a bright note, he shouldn't be over vaccinated :D.
Ha ha - Oh my - maybe I should be grateful that my potential puppy got alllll possible shots he will ever need in his life :doh: JK JK !

I know that my friend who was breeding Huskies gave all shots to his dogs himself !!! He never had any problems with any of that ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts