Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got quite a bit of snow overnight! Charlie was the only one happy this morning to see all this snow. Every time I finished cleaning the snowballs off of him, he was standing by the door again pawing to signal he wants to go back out.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Every time I finished cleaning the snowballs off of him, he was standing by the door again pawing to signal he wants to go back out.
Haha! I know what that's like. This weekend, I was working on the computer at the kitchen table, by the patio door. The neighbors had guest dogs in the backyard. Willard was in and out, in and out going to see them. For about half an hour, I just left the door open, so he could come and go as he pleased, while I was watching, to ensure the cat did not escape. It's not a great approach in freezing temperatures though.

·
Premium Member
22,959 Posts
Our dogs love the snow too, but I am hoping our first snow is still a couple of months away! Looking at your pics makes me think that perhaps sticking their heads into the snow is a poodle trait. Lily and Javelin both do that and clearly Charlie does too. Any other poodles who stick their heads in the snow?

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Charlie is absolutely adorable in the snow with the little snowballs on his snout. Be careful you don’t lose as he can blend into the snow haha. Please keep your snow, I’m not mentally ready for it.

Babykins also pokes her nose into the snow. I think she’s trying to find pee mail smells.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Awwww how cute he looks! I'm a little sad living in S. Calif., that Molly will not have the opportunity to play in the snow unless we take a 2 hour ride into the mountains, but since she doesn't even like to pee on wet grass too much......it's probably ok with her HAHAHA!!!!

P.S. I have yet to figure out why she likes digging in mud though............

Reactions: Streetcar

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
Cute! We got a freak dusting of snow last year and Buck loved it! Ice water service for him, no clinging snowballs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Every time I finished cleaning the snowballs off of him, he was standing by the door again pawing to signal he wants to go back out.
Haha! I know what that's like. This weekend, I was working on the computer at the kitchen table, by the patio door. The neighbors had guest dogs in the backyard. Willard was in and out, in and out going to see them. For about half an hour, I just left the door open, so he could come and go as he pleased, while I was watching, to ensure the cat did not escape. It's not a great approach in freezing temperatures though.
I was tempted to leave the patio door open too, but I'd probably end up with a pond in my kitchen. Each time he came in, I'd have to mop the floor so no one would slip on all the water from the melted snow.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our dogs love the snow too, but I am hoping our first snow is still a couple of months away! Looking at your pics makes me think that perhaps sticking their heads into the snow is a poodle trait. Lily and Javelin both do that and clearly Charlie does too. Any other poodles who stick their heads in the snow?
He loves sticking his nose in the snow. At first I thought it was because he was trying to find the snowball I threw (a game that never seems to get old, I throw a snowball and he tries to go fetch it). But there's been many times where we're not playing fetch the snowball game and he's still got his nose deep in the snow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts