Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased and proud to announce that Snoops has a new little brother coming home on the weekend. I hope that he takes on the big brother role and welcomes the new little guy with open arms. I am sooo worried about him getting jealous. yikes!

Anyway... we have a red addition to the family.. currently 10 weeks old, 3lbs. We have chosen the name Orville (Redenbacher) :D :dance:

So if Mom is 7lbs, and Dad is 4lbs... baby is currently 3lbs - how big do ya'll anticipate little Orville to grow up to be? I know that more info is needed to figure this out.. but I'd be interested in any rough estimates!

Photos to come soon!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ohh wow congratulations!!!
I bet you're very excited! I am too, hahah. I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. What a cute name you've picked out for him... Orville Redenbacher. That's just amazing! lol :p

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Kathy - that was a great chart that you shared. Thank you!

So 3lbs = 48oz which is off the charts on there for a 10 week old. I guess he will be about the size of Mom.. a full sized Toy. Do any of you think it's possible that 3lbs at 10 weeks, some of that weight may be baby fat?

I am extremely nervous about getting poodle #2. I have been looking into it for a long while now, and I never expected to say "yes" today... but everything fell into place. It is going to be a handful!!!! Just as Snoops is about to turn 1 year old, and he is trained and all grown up now.. another little one enters the picture. I warned my boyfriend (and reminded myself!) that it's going to be sleepless nights and puppy pads again!

I do hope that Snoops and Socks and little Orville will all be best of friends :)

Oh ya.. I decided that it was unfair for Snoops to have a cute name, and Orville to have a "people" name. So I added in a middle name, which I may use as his call name... official name now: Orville Pop Pop Redenbacher half-brother to Snoo Poofy Peach Cobbler :)

I can't wait to get some pictures up here!!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Yea!!! Congrats. What a cute name!?!?! I really like the Pop Pop part. I think if you introduce them properly and give all of them attention, it will be just fine.

I've decided that Zulee has enough energy to play with a couple of toys. : )

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey BFF! Awwww little Zulee is looking adorable! Can she get any cuter?! Have you decided on a groomer in the area, by the way? I'd be interested to know where Zulee goes. I may have to follow suit!

Well, I've just learned that Orville is still too young to get his rabies shots. This may prove a problem with flying back into the USA. When I got Snoops he was 12 weeks and had his rabies so it was no problem. UGH. I am going to have to investigate!
How old do ya'll reckon a toy poodle should be to get rabies vaccinated? He's had 2 vaccinations, and de-wormed 3 times so far.

OMG.. I am not looking forward to this flight with my bundles and bundles of puppy joy!
Gonna be hard..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Congratulations on your new puppy, can't wait to see pictures. :)

Regarding his adult size, it's hard to say. A lot of it depends on how fast or slow the dogs in the particular lines grow. Some dogs grow quickly and stop at 6 to 8 months, others grow up to a year. At 10 weeks, 3 lbs is a good weight and I guess he will be between 7 and 9 lbs, but it's just a guess.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'll join in the chorus of 'can't wait to see pictures'. Hope you get the rabies issue sorted out so there's no delay bringing your new baby home.

And you will be busy. We got our bedlington puppy when Murphy had just turned a year old. The advantage to that is that the older dog is still puppy-ish, so they don't seem to resent the new one and are happy to play with their new buddy. The disadvantage is that they're both puppy-like and it's a bit like having twins sometimes. They both get into mischief! I'm glad we timed it as we did, though. They're such good pals.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hi Snoops! I decided to do my own grooming. I looked at other salons around the airport and wasn't impressed. I didn't want to end up driving all day either .

I am still nervous shaving her face and feet, but I love the ability to keep her groomed on my schedule. I saw the last picks of Snoops and he looked gorgeous! It looks like you found a really good one.

Hope you get the shots thing figured out. Look forward to seeing pics of your babies.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lincolns parents were normal toy poodle size... and Lincoln is now at around 11-12 pounds... no ounce of fat on him... and stands about 13-14" at the shoulder.

So now... you really can't figure how tall they'll be as adults.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts