Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am soooo happy with Snoops' latest grooming. It was a LONG process...
dropped him off at 9am and he didn't finish til close to 6pm. I think he may have got pushed back to allow other dogs to be groomed. C'est la vie :sigh:

I showed the groomer, Eve, some photos of Snoops' disaster hair cut from the spring. She was horrified. Then I showed her some pics of hair cuts I adored. Eve got it as usual. She is awesome!
We also discussed Snoops' hair status - as much as I try to keep his hair tidy, he had some serious mattes! I asked her to do her best to save his coat, but understood if she had to shave him down :( She said that she would call me to let me know the situation after she assessed it. Turns out she had to de-matte him. The cost for that was $30/hour. YIKES! Eve was cool tho.. in the end, although she spent several hours working on him, she only charged me $15. I made sure to tip her very well, as usual!

So... here is Snoops! He is sooo soft and handsome. I have fallen in love with him all over again... if that is at all possible! LOL

We went for pizza afterwards and a man stopped and asked if he was a toy poodle. He then said "What a beauty!" Awwww... so sweet.. made Snoops and I feel fuzzy. We stopped in to Petsmart yesterday and he was the center of attention. Awwww!

I also added some fun pics... Snoops before when he was "fluffy" and him trying on his "Steven Tyler" costume for Halloween... LOL!:scared:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Wish I could take better photos... who was the board member who always shot really amazing pics? Was it Aidan?....

Thinking about taking Snoops in to get his portraits done :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What a cutie! I think the groomer did a great job and how nice of her to dematt him for you without charging an arm and a leg! I'm sure the tip was greatly appreciated.

If you're ever interested i'm sure she could show you ways of dematting at home, that way you don't have to pay the fee. Dodger has a very soft coat that matts up really easily but I still get away with only brushing her once every two weeks or so..unless lots of swimming has been going on!

Anyway with a few good products and tools you will never have to worry about a matted coat! The cowboy magic detaingler is a miracle worker!

In any case at least you found a groomer that you trust and will work with you. It also seems Snoops enjoyed the experience and that's the most important part I think!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice Aidan... the groomer Eve is great and I am so pleased that we finally found a keeper! The unfortunate thing is that we live between two cities so we won't always get a chance to see Eve :(

On a trip to Austin the other month we did find a great groomer named Patty.. she worked at this amazing little daycare/boarding facility near Schlitterbahn! It was perfect because we dropped Snoops off and had a day of fun in the sun. I had no qualms about leaving him there - I could sense straight away that these were animal lovers like you and I. The sheriff had been called in because they found a horse wandering around their property. Poor thing. They immediately gave him fresh hay, and did what they could to help out.

Anyway.... Patty the groomer did the cutest little thing with his sanitary trim - she trimmed the bum area nice and tidy (but still with some fluff) and put a horizontal line at each side of his anus. No cute way to say that.. Anyway.. I wish I had taken a photo because it truly was adorable! It's like his little butt was smiling. LOL!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awww glad to see snoops' wardrobe is back in form, he looks really cute :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WP! I've missed you!!

Awww.. Snoops n I say "thanks" :) LOL *wardrobe malfunction* .... seems like just yesterday :)

How are things with the kiddo in the belly?! You need your own thread for updates!!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yeah poor snoops and his poor wardrobe. It does seem like yesterday now that you mention it. I didn't realie he was all grown back now.

Hahaha cletus the fetus is fine according to last check, mommy to be .... well the jury is still out. It's been the worst month EVER and has caused several stress related complications with the pregnancy, mostly due to some really unexpected and really really unpleasent changes at work. However, I just got off the phone, (yeah I know at midnight when I should have been in bed!) with my good friend/long time grooming mentor and Im thinking life is going to start looking up in a big way. Hopefuly this will make cletus AND mommy happy lol (oh yeah and hubby too, can't forget about him)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to hear Cletus is growing up nicely :) Sorry to hear the month has sucked... in the end it will all balance itself out. Don't let work ruin your day.. but you know that. Hang in there WP! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts