Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snoop is just over a year old and is now going through her first heat! Groot has been pretty chill about it thus far, but my he and my husband are leaving today for their mini vacation.

I’m somewhat concerned Snoop is going to freak out since she’s become very attached to my husband since having a baby and she’s never really been apart from Groot. I probably should have worked on separating them for longer periods of time before, but didn’t because life. 😅 She usually does fine when we go out and about, but is whiny and looks out the window when we stay home and Groot isn’t there. I’m planning on playing and training with her as much as possible to help keep her occupied, but still think being apart from Groot is probably going to be the hardest thing for her. 😢 Hopefully the baby sleeps really well these next couple of weeks so we can get ample one on one time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Doggos in Diapers are the cutest

Reactions: VanessaC

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

Snoop was glued to the window and a bit mopey the first couple days but seems to have calmed down. She’s been pretty mellow overall, but has definitely taken on Groot’s role of guardian. She’s on very high alert if any strangers walk too close to our yard and let’s me know when anything is about to get delivered. She’s been a bit gruntier than usual when I ask her to move, but the “place” command has been pretty useful for directing her to lay on a designated towel or blanket when she’s not wearing her diaper. She’s also a lot more motherly with the baby. Last night I saw her on the monitor checking on him while he slept and I was in the kitchen. She snuck a couple kisses and came back to let me know he was ok! She’s also started marking a lot on our walks, which is new but not unexpected. She’s been getting spoiled with bully sticks, raw meals and extra cuddles 🥰. Going on day 12 today and hoping the rest of her cycle is just as chill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts