Poodle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago I made a coat for my Great Dane, Moose. I drafted the pattern as I had some lovely wool material that “begged” to be a doggy coat. He wore it for most of his life during the cold months. When he died I just couldn’t get rid of it. Yesterday, I finally decided I would alter it to fit Bobby.😊 Doesn’t he look dapper? It’s 4 layers, 2 of them wool....so cozy warm. Brings a huge smile to my face and also some tears. I felt like I was walking Bobby and Moose! Kind of emotional but in a sweet sort of way.
it

·
Premium Member
23,572 Posts
What a great way for Bobby to help keep Moose alive in your heart.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
That is so nice that you were able to salvage the special coat and still use it. I am sure you have fond memories of your big guy keeping warm in that coat. I found this particularly touching because my husband died when he was 34 and I gave his wool coat to his sister. She kept in sealed in a plastic bag for years because it smelled like her brother. Funny how we treasure those special memories of loved ones, isn't it?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Perfection 💝

Reactions: Spottytoes

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is so nice that you were able to salvage the special coat and still use it. I am sure you have fond memories of your big guy keeping warm in that coat. I found this particularly touching because my husband died when he was 34 and I gave his wool coat to his sister. She kept in sealed in a plastic bag for years because it smelled like her brother. Funny how we treasure those special memories of loved ones, isn't it?
I do. Thank you. I am very touched you shared your story. My very best friend lost her husband not that long ago and his wool sweaters are so precious to her.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Moose was gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to reuse his coat. The other day I took in the straps on Pogo's harness and started using it on Galen. It was a bittersweet moment.
Thank you! Moose was definitely a handsome boy! He always drew compliments. You definitely understand the bitter sweetness. I’m glad it worked for you to use Pogo’s harness on Galen. The animal human bond is so amazing, isn’t it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts