Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard to find smaller standards? We have been looking around and it seems all I can find are large standards being bred... I would love to find a Standard no bigger than 22". Any suggestions?? Our favorite colors are apricot, red and brown.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I know that in CA Tiara sometimes have really smaller standards. She is very pricy though. You can check Astoria also, and Grandeour has usually very balanced dogs. Females are always smaller , so you might insist on getting female and the smaller one in the litter and be pretty safe than in getting standard that is to your liking. All 3 breeders have almost exclusively blacks and whites , but are of superb quality.

Never forget that you can always contact Poodle Club of America for a referral
or those wonderful people Scott & Mary Olund
Cabernet
Scott: PCA Treasurer
Mary: PCCC Secretary
(415) 457-4648
[email protected]
Standard

Clubs always know what litters are "on the ground" and what reputable breeders have available pups. Nice breeders will always give you further referrals to their colleges that have pups available and even call around to find what you are looking for.

Best of luck in your search !!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have a Red Standard from Lori Silverthorne at www.redpoodlepups.com and I had a wonderful experience with her! Her breeding stock is right in the size range you're looking for and they're beautiful poodles! Trillium (another member on here) has 2 pups from the same father as my boy, Dugan, he's the most amazing boy with a phenomenal calm temperament! Good luck in your search! :clover: (btw - Lori's ships all over North America)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heather- her dogs are exactly the size I've been looking for... It looks like I just missed a cute red litter! I'll have to contact her and see if she'll be planning anything else red this year.

I would really prefer an apricot over red... I know most people are all about the red, but I love the apricot and I don't seem to be seeing it often. Do breeders not really breed for that color, is it just not that desirable among poodle lovers?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Heather- her dogs are exactly the size I've been looking for... It looks like I just missed a cute red litter! I'll have to contact her and see if she'll be planning anything else red this year.

I would really prefer an apricot over red... I know most people are all about the red, but I love the apricot and I don't seem to be seeing it often. Do breeders not really breed for that color, is it just not that desirable among poodle lovers?
Akbirdy , you will find a good apricot faster than a red.

Lidos aka Susie osburne here info here
Lido Standard Poodles - exciting dark apricot & red litter due end of July 2009! Please contact Susie with Lido Standard Poodles at 702 493-3976 or [email protected].

she has apricot puppies now you will have to ask her how big they get. We saw the dam's litter mate at the SD poodle specialty and Raquel is not big at all She looked to be about 22"

here are some pictures Susie sent me they should be 7 weeks now

these are the boys

here are the girls the one on the left looks like the smallest in the litter

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are very sweet... and the perfect color for me. We wont be able to bring a puppy into our home until December. We plan to be away from our home most of November on vacation. I would really like to find a good breeder that is planning for a little this winter that I could get on a waiting list for.

I have to say those pictures almost make me want to cancel our travels and hunker down with one of those cuties! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wishpoo- thanks for that info... as I get closer to dec I'll contact them if I haven't yet found a breeder to go with. I have thought of just doing as you said with a female and then see if they have a smaller female.

I've had several people tell me our family would be better suited with a male though? That the males tend to bond to the whole family rather than one person like a male does? What do you think? I'm not so sure as my pets growing up both males and females picked their "person"

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
They are very sweet... and the perfect color for me. We wont be able to bring a puppy into our home until December. We plan to be away from our home most of November on vacation. I would really like to find a good breeder that is planning for a little this winter that I could get on a waiting list for.

I have to say those pictures almost make me want to cancel our travels and hunker down with one of those cuties! :)
HEHEHE

I will ask susie and see if she has anything planned for you, I am sure that she knows people having litters also same goes with Terry, I will ask for you and see what they say.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh and we are in Washington state. I have no problem with shipping as long as it is a shorter flight and the breeder is very into getting to know her pups personalities so they can help choose a pup for us!! :)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Here's the deets on that litter I think

Fabulous litter of apricots and reds born 7/28/2009. Available to show and performance homes, as well as companion homes, are 5 males and 2 females. The sire is dark apricot BIS CH Lidos Tequila Sunrise CD TP (CHIC), and the dam is CH Lidos Chili Pepper, a red. This is a very special litter. All testing is completed and normal.
Contact Susie Osburn, Lido Standard Poodles, Las Vegas, NV, tel: (702) 262-0163, email: [email protected]

Cute puppies!

http://www.poodlesonline.com/litters.html

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Oh and we are in Washington state. I have no problem with shipping as long as it is a shorter flight and the breeder is very into getting to know her pups personalities so they can help choose a pup for us!! :)
The two closet kennels would be;
Palmares Kennels
Robert & Janet Blannin
255 Michigan
Bandon, Oregon 97411
(541) 347-1906
Minarets Standard and Toy Poodles
http://www.minaretspoodles.com
941 Anlauf Road
Yoncalla, OR 97499
(541) 580-3785
Esther Underkofler

·
Registered
2,314 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about them, but maybe this breeder would be within your vicinity.

http://www.lumierestandardpoodles.com/index.html

Others who know more about the apricots/ reds might know something about them. :)
Lumiere is also a good breeder she had a litter with Terry from FarleyD poodles but I am sure they have been sold by now since I believe the puppies where born in June.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Haha, just took a quick look at their website and there's an available older dog with a clip that really made me laugh. It's like his nose is shaved until it's close to the end then there's more full hair. Anyone know if that's actually a poodle clip?

http://www.minaretspoodles.com/id3.html

It's Skippy, near the bottom of the page.

Its a dutch clip lol they do look funny in those clips

1 - 20 of 24 Posts