Poodle Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Here are two quotes directly from the Green Heart-Lands web site:

We are a family-owned business without a store-front. Because of our low overhead we can offer puppies at a substantial discount than what you would find at a pet store or elsewhere

and

We strive to breed properly; the "Doodle" will have a low-non shedding coat, will have an even tempered/low-medium active personality.

If you haven't already, check out the thread on buying a puppy. Buying a puppy safely - the basics
Thanks! Yes, I had some concerns about Green Heart-Lands too. I personally don't mind if they breed poodle mixes (though I know a lot of other poodle folks disagree) but the operation seemed a bit too commercial to be what I'm looking for.

Thanks for sharing the puppy thread! I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago but it's a good reminder.

I spoke with Linda at Rosebud Poodles yesterday who just had one litter born and is expecting a second one any day now. While I'm still doing a bit of research, I think I'm down to these two breeders at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
1,268 Posts
Exciting! This year is a tough one for puppy buyers. In January my breeder was concerned because the buyer for one of Galen's littermates backed out. As of now the situation is completely flipped, and the waiting list runs to the end of next year.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts