Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sandy’s girl has the hard life . We are still undecided on name but Nova is a top contender. I just wonder if Nova is too close to “No” . Pup is not interested in any of the names we have tried out lol. Eventually I will shave those paws but we are liking them fuzzy right now

6D5BC220-7EB1-4EA4-909E-5B5647E1A313_1569885485858.jpg

8E38CAB4-A046-48D9-9435-CCC608F39790_1569885623892.jpg

8789EB98-5B50-4AB5-9CF0-31085DD500EF_1569885669656.jpg

·
Registered
624 Posts
I like the name also, but would not use it just because of the "no". If you want a star name, how about

Lyra
Gemini (Gem or Gemma)
Maia
Mira

Love those feet too, until it rains and she is running through the mud!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m going to take some it off this weeks bath time. I don’t like it when I can’t see the nails that I need to trim. The bottom I have been shaving but it’s time to do it again.

I will run the names by her ?.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I'll add Carina to the name suggestions. It's a whole constellation lol, and in Italian it means little darling. Another thought is Cara Mia, as one word. No stars there but it's a sweet phrase.

Reactions: Mel

·
Registered
736 Posts
I like Carina, that is actually what Evie's breeder originally named Evie. Very fitting for her, I think.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Adorable poodle! I like the name Nova, we thought of giving that name to our puppy. I would think that the dog would be able to tell the difference between "NO" and "Nova", especially since your tone of voice is likely to be quite different, but I'm not an expert by any means.

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
What a precious little puppy! Oh my goodness. I absolutely love her. And those fluffy paws!!

We initially told Peggy Sue she could pick her own name at a beautiful local cemetery, but we couldn't *quite* get onboard with the one she unequivocally chose.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
We ended up renaming our mini pup (5 months at that time) from Nova to Karma. Nova was too close to no, so we went through our list of names with the pup sitting next to us, and when we got to Karma, she jumped up and became quite animated. So Karma it is. Our previous poodle was Lyra (Crabapple Downs Constellation) - loved that name and it fit her well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We don't use the word "No." We use a gruff "Off." It sounds like a growl. If you can get away from using "no," Nova is a really cool name.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts