Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 month old girl has trouble sleeping. She sleeps pretty good through the night, but during the day, she barely sleeps. Maybe 2 hours in the whole day. It gives her around 10 hours of sleep a day. She is extremely active, not very destructive but wants to play non stop. She does get plenty of walks, runs, and mental stimulation,learning trick but nothing tires her out. Any suggestions??thank you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happens if you pen or crate her after a lot of exercise? Does she settle down?
She does after few attempts. The first few times I crate her after she exercises, she barks and wants out. Usually after exercising, she gets even more active jumps and runs around the house which is when I try to crate her because I figure she is probably overtired. Works sometimes.
I am starting to worry about her health. She needs more sleep

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Mine is about the same age and I noticed a big upsurge in energy when he hit 10 months. It is possible she is actually getting too much exercise. Mine is high energy but I tend to not give him more than 1 (sometimes 2) hours of dedicated exercise a day. Over exercise can be an issue with dogs like this because it builds up their tolerance until nothing tires them.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Good luck. It may take some tough love at first as she learns to settle. Teaching her a settle command can also be useful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts