Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up puppy sitting my moms little 5 month old dauchhound last night and boy was mannie happy to have someone to play with lol then this morning we went to moms so he got to run till his heart was content lol here are some pics.
IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is my 5 year old daughter holding one of 10 3 week old german shepherd puppies we have. lol

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
:doh: Jak, really? Was that at all necessary? This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's possible breeding plans, poodle or no. If you just have to discuss that with her, PM her rather than post aggressive and unrelated comments on her threads.

Cute pics Shalynn. That dachshund pup is adorable!! :) Never seen a spotted one like that before, is he mixed with anything? He's killer cute.

Edit: haha I suck, sorry. I just looked up the different colors accepted for Dachshunds, and saw that cute spotty color. ;) Really should have done that before I commented, huh? lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
Very cute! My spoos play with my in-law's doxie all the time. They are fast friends :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Mannie looks like he is having a good time cute pictures :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as to the one rude post no im not breeding them, my mom is and that is her decision not mine. to the others than you for the nice comments, they really do love to play, i find it funny they will both have an end to the rope toy and mannie will drag poor romeo all over the floor. i also wanted to post a pic of the two new girls moms getting, they are really young in these pics but its all i have till sunday, i really love the markings on the triple dapple she is just so beautiful.
SIDNEY%20AND%20THE%20CONCRETE%20POUR%20WEST%20SIDE%20017[1].jpg

SIDNEY%20AND%20THE%20CONCRETE%20POUR%20WEST%20SIDE%20024[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
:doh: Jak, really? Was that at all necessary? This thread has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's possible breeding plans, poodle or no. If you just have to discuss that with her, PM her rather than post aggressive and unrelated comments on her threads.
I just find it completely ironic how people go on about 'good' and 'reputable' breeders all of the time... but yet they support something like this....

I just don't think half of you on here actually have a clue about anything....

To me, the fact that these people are breeding like this, makes me so sad...
To me, they are knowingly giving puppies i.e. Hip Dysplasia ..

:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Firstly, I LOVE seeing big dogs play with little ones... usually the little ones somehow always win when playing with the big'uns. So cute!

I just find it completely ironic how people go on about 'good' and 'reputable' breeders all of the time... but yet they support something like this....

I just don't think half of you on here actually have a clue about anything....

To me, the fact that these people are breeding like this, makes me so sad...
To me, they are knowingly giving puppies i.e. Hip Dysplasia ..

:eek:hwell:
I didn't find Jak's initial comment about dachshund's to be misplaced at all. It was a simple question.

Literally... all it says is "Are you going to breed Dachshunds now too ?" (I assume "dachshunds" is bolded because that is the correct spelling and he was just correcting it.)

--------------

OP kind of once again implicated herself by saying that the puppy being held was one of "10 3 week old german shepherd puppies we have." Even though I think OP has said before that it is her mother that breeds those, and not her. She said "we" though. So... didn't know a question was a bad thing to have.

--------------

As a PERSONAL side note on dachshunds, I think if your mom is going to breed them she really needs to do her research on them due to bad backs, etc... my aunt has two, my cousin has one... my cousin's is a nasty, ankle biting, yappy, bad personality dog bought from a BYB. My aunt has one that is CRAZY and has not only attacked her, her children, but also myself. Look in to Rage Syndrome, because that is real (I know first hand, and can vouch for it with the scars on my hands and arms due to being attacked), and dachshunds are one of many breeds that can have it.

Doxies are also not really recommended to be around small children because they're sort of a no nonsense breed. Nothing wrong with that, to be honest. Just mentioning, OP, because I know you have small children and would hate to see one of them bit due to an accident and a kid not being watched near a dog. And before you get mad, I'm not calling you as a mother in to question (so chillllllll out), I'm just saying... it happens.

Theeeeee end

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
temperance's first visit with a dog not in my immediate household was the neighbor's dachshund ... sophie was all bouncy and happy and pretty overwhelming. temperance was a baby and would growl and try to get away because she was so tiny in comparison to the big dachshund!

it took like 2 visits before tempe was able to hold her own and sophie to settle down a bit and now when we walk by their house temperance looks for her playmate!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
As a PERSONAL side note on dachshunds, I think if your mom is going to breed them she really needs to do her research on them due to bad backs, etc... my aunt has two, my cousin has one... my cousin's is a nasty, ankle biting, yappy, bad personality dog bought from a BYB. My aunt has one that is CRAZY and has not only attacked her, her children, but also myself. Look in to Rage Syndrome, because that is real (I know first hand, and can vouch for it with the scars on my hands and arms due to being attacked), and dachshunds are one of many breeds that can have it.
I really don't think they give a $#@^ if their puppies end up with health problems. They're obviously buying these THREE female doxi's because they have uterus's, and that means $$$.

They're just going with what's popular and what they can get the most money out of. I bet money that they're going to breed at the first heat cycle and every cycle therefore after that.

And you're teaching these poor, disgusting breeding practices to your kids? That's horrible.

You're EXACTLY the kind of people that are responsible for all the millions of deaths in shelters in our nation.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You guys, I agree that the OP's breeding practices are wrong and I don't support the way she or her mom breeds.
However, the point is that this does not belong in this thread. The OP has repeatedly complained that every time she posts a thread, she gets attacked. Can she not even post a thread with pictures of her poodle without getting attacked for something completely unrelated to the thread? This thread is about her dog playing with a dachshund puppy of her mom's. NOT about her or her mom's questionable breeding practices. Keep ON TOPIC is all I'm asking.

We all understand that you don't support BYB. I don't, most people don't, but repeatedly attacking someone with nothing but mean, condescending things to say is absolutely no way to get your point across. You have clearly stated your opinion, now you can kindly back off until it's appropriate to discuss again (note: discuss, not flame). If you are so enthusiastic to fuss at the OP, PM her rather than trashing all over every thread she posts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys, I agree that the OP's breeding practices are wrong and I don't support the way she or her mom breeds.
However, the point is that this does not belong in this thread. The OP has repeatedly complained that every time she posts a thread, she gets attacked. Can she not even post a thread with pictures of her poodle without getting attacked for something completely unrelated to the thread? This thread is about her dog playing with a dachshund puppy of her mom's. NOT about her or her mom's questionable breeding practices. Keep ON TOPIC is all I'm asking.

We all understand that you don't support BYB. I don't, most people don't, but repeatedly attacking someone with nothing but mean, condescending things to say is absolutely no way to get your point across. You have clearly stated your opinion, now you can kindly back off until it's appropriate to discuss again (note: discuss, not flame). If you are so enthusiastic to fuss at the OP, PM her rather than trashing all over every thread she posts.
thank you so much for saying this, although i dont think they will listen, i feel like they are saying that if someone dont have a poodle with champion bloodlines or show quality then its not worthy of anything. Who knows maybe im worng on that but its just how i feel, i wish i could block all the jerks that keep hounding me. Thank you again

·
Registered
754 Posts
i feel like they are saying that if someone dont have a poodle with champion bloodlines or show quality then its not worthy of anything.
I didn't get this at all :) My dogs are no where near show or champion quality nor will they ever be. I love them with all of my heart. They give me indescribable joy and they are a vital part of my work, home and family. I can hardly stand to think of one day without them. I can tell that you feel the same way about Manny. I have a special place in my heart for black poodles. Manny looks like such a dear - I love his expression in your avatar! I have had many nice compliments here on my spoos even though they have not one ribbon or title. Enjoy Manny because the time they are with us is so very short :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i feel like they are saying that if someone dont have a poodle with champion bloodlines or show quality then its not worthy of anything

No body here would EVER say that. People are saying it's not good to breed a pet-quality dog that doesn't meet the breed standard "just because" or to make money.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
as to the one rude post no im not breeding them, my mom is and that is her decision not mine. to the others than you for the nice comments, they really do love to play, i find it funny they will both have an end to the rope toy and mannie will drag poor romeo all over the floor. i also wanted to post a pic of the two new girls moms getting, they are really young in these pics but its all i have till sunday, i really love the markings on the triple dapple she is just so beautiful.
I certainly hope your mom is not planning on breeding that triple dapple (or the dog in the pictures with Manny, who appears to be a double dapple?). Breeding double/triple dapples can result in serious deformities and genetic defects.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts