Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annie has done this for ever, but it is getting more frequent. She suddenly wakes up from her sleep by quietly woofing. It seems like she doesn't actually know WHY she is woofing, so she proceeds to increase in volume randomly pacing until I finally coax her/distract her into quiet and her brain catches up that there is nothing out there. It's possible I suppose that she is hearing a dog in the distance or something, but i hear nothing. She has started to do it during daytime naps, too.
She has an active dream life, wagging her tail, twitching her feet, grumbling and whining and talking in her sleep.

Occasionally she will do this twice in a night, and it is interfering with my sleep.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should mention in the past I have left a fan on and she fixates when she wakes up and barks at it as if it's to blame. Perhaps I could try getting her used to it during the day (she ignores it) for a week or so before using it at night . On bad episodes, it helps to take her on a tour of the house, particularly to check on my mom and her dog ( if they are awake) and look out the window of my room. At 3 am, a tour of the house is not my preferred activity though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts