Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted this (mini) breeder the other day. She responded right away with a lovely email. She is skyping (video chat) with her new puppy owners! So, the puppy buyers can "check in" every once in awhile, and see how their puppy is doing. Then, after they bring the pup home, she can keep in touch that way. How cool is that? I know some of us have a hard time getting a breeder to return emails, or send a photo update! I think this is a wonderful idea!:)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
I contacted this (mini) breeder the other day. She responded right away with a lovely email. She is skyping (video chat) with her new puppy owners! So, the puppy buyers can "check in" every once in awhile, and see how their puppy is doing. Then, after they bring the pup home, she can keep in touch that way. How cool is that? I know some of us have a hard time getting a breeder to return emails, or send a photo update! I think this is a wonderful idea!:)
This IS a fabulous idea!! I ask my puppy people to please join Facebook, because I have a business page there where I can post countless photos and videos. If they won't join FB I email all to them. They can be a part of everything through videos. I have looked into Skype so Plumcrazy and I can actually talk and see each other, and so Winnow and I can talk more often, so now I can think of another awesome reason to get it. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This IS a fabulous idea!! I ask my puppy people to please join Facebook, because I have a business page there where I can post countless photos and videos. If they won't join FB I email all to them. They can be a part of everything through videos. I have looked into Skype so Plumcrazy and I can actually talk and see each other, and so Winnow and I can talk more often, so now I can think of another awesome reason to get it. Thank you!
I use it to keep in touch with my Mom, who moved out of state a few years ago. This way, she and the grandkids can see each other and "know" one another! It's free and it's easy to use; can't beat it!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Skype is amazing Cherie! I never thought of it for a breeder to use but I love skype

and for those people who hate the telephone -raises hand- its an even better tool :D

I think its pretty exciting whenever someone uses technology to shape something new in their business, though skype is old news there are still breeders who don't have websites o.o just phone numbers

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Skype is amazing Cherie! I never thought of it for a breeder to use but I love skype

and for those people who hate the telephone -raises hand- its an even better tool :D

I think its pretty exciting whenever someone uses technology to shape something new in their business, though skype is old news there are still breeders who don't have websites o.o just phone numbers
Well...Barbie and I need to get down to business then. And you and I could get to know one another this way too! AWESOME!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts

KEITH!!! Maybe you can help walk us "old ladies" through the skype process!!! :) I've been out to the website and get confused (would I have to purchase a plan to speak with Cherie or would it be free?? Is it best to get a headset from the Skype website or would Best Buy or Radioshack have the same thing for less $$??) I'd love to Skype with Cherie (and with YOU, too!!!) :lol:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I get all my headsets from walmart! I use them for world of warcraft, and they're easily replaced.

They're about $13-14 here.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Thanks, Fluffyspoos! The cheapest on on the Skype website was around the $30 mark - It's be cool to spend 1/2 that and replace it if/when necessary than to get the more expensive one to start with!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
oh Barb always the modest one, 25 isn't old ;) <3 lol

and it depends some computers have built in mics, some you have to buy the headsets ((which you can get pretty cheap like fluffy said :D ))
but skype is free, they have a feature where you can call landlines but thats a bit useless ((unless someone has then maybe its not? XD ))

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Mom bought a super-cheap webcam from BestBuy. It was around $20.00. Not the best quality; but it works and we can see her! She has a mic, too, not sure which one. My laptop has a camera and mic built in. But using skype is free!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Skype is free as long as you are calling someone else on Skype, but you have to pay if calling someone on their landline. I don't have a home phone, just a cell, so I use it to call England inexpensively.

For anyone who has an iPhone, you can Skype through that (call only, not video). As long as you are on a wireless network it works the same way as Skype through your computer. I use that a lot as well. :)

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
KEITH!!! Maybe you can help walk us "old ladies" through the skype process!!! :) I've been out to the website and get confused (would I have to purchase a plan to speak with Cherie or would it be free?? Is it best to get a headset from the Skype website or would Best Buy or Radioshack have the same thing for less $$??) I'd love to Skype with Cherie (and with YOU, too!!!) :lol:
I cannot wait to Skype with you guys too. It is as if the person is there!! I am excited about it!!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I love Skype because you can have so much fun chatting live and seeing the beautiful pups in all their glory! And it is such great way to fully explain or demonstrate questions/issues! :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Skype is fantastic thing !!!!

I have laptop with built-in cam and speakers and it is really fun to use it :). Since laptop is "portable" one can show to another person just about anything around one wants to show :) !!!

I hate phones but Skype I LOVE since I can see another person's face and expressions and it is than so much more spontaneous and "natural" LOL

Keith - I thought I was the only person in this world that really HATES phones LMAO

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ruby's Mom, is your baby from Eaglehill South? That is the breeder that I contacted. She has one female apricot that I am DYING to get. My husband and I are trying to wait, as we have a lot going on right now, but I cannot stop thinking about her!!!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
No, but I did contact them several months ago when I was searching for a black mini! Do you live close enough to go take a peek ?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, but I did contact them several months ago when I was searching for a black mini! Do you live close enough to go take a peek ?
Unfortunately, we don't. We would have to ship the pup. My husband does not want to get a puppy we haven't met. Mini's seem hard to come by up here in PA, except for the tons of puppy mill poodles!:wacko:

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I too found it difficult to locate a mini! (A spoo seemed to be the easiest to find.) It took me about 2 months to locate a suitable breeder and as it turned out, I lived only 15 miles away! I was able to visit Ruby each week since she was 3 weeks old! Really worked out great for us!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Keith - I thought I was the only person in this world that really HATES phones LMAO
no way man I hate those things more than anything else in this world ((and I hate lots of things v.v; ))
I cringe whenever I see on a breeders site, or in particular most of the breeders the PCA have listed only provide a telephone number... >.<

1 - 20 of 26 Posts