Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rio is starting to grow out of his crate, I want to make sure we get one that will be big enough for him full grown... what sizes work for your spoos?? I think both his mom and dad were under 25" (probably between 23-25?)

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have an X-Large Black Wire Cage. It is more than big enough for Kala, but she loves to lay down flat on her side so I wanted to give her plenty of room. The Large would have also been too short I think.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't have a Standard yet, but have bought the 42" Midwest crate in preparation. It comes with an adjustable divider so eliminates the need for multiple crates along the way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, we're looking at the xl's... why does it seem like the larger ones don't have a top handle?? I don't want to carry it with the handle while Rio is in it, but what about when it's empty, it would be much easier I would think.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Ok, we're looking at the xl's... why does it seem like the larger ones don't have a top handle?? I don't want to carry it with the handle while Rio is in it, but what about when it's empty, it would be much easier I would think.
Mine fold suitcase style and they do have a handle. They fold each end in then scissor closed, I use the lifestages and got them off ebay ..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bigredpoodle, are yours metal crates?? I need to get one metal and one plastic for flying.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I use wire as well and have a large one with a handle but no way can I reach around and carry it, I drag it! Mine does collapse as well and great for cars - but for flying I would think you have to use plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts