Poodle Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Aww... It’s always tempting to assume that everything will go well when the dog does something so very, very right. “Look! He’s PERFECT! Such a good dog!!” And then they don’t behave in another way, and it feels like a smack across the face. I’ve done my fair share of that 😅. It might help you to keep a journal of what he does right. Also, the days where he acts out may stand out to you more now that he behaves better and better. Just think, if you have a car with a bunch of scrapes and dirt on it, you don’t think anything of just one more, right? But as the car is cleaned, if you get a little mud on it or another scrape, then you notice that individual mess a lot more than you would have. But the plus side is, you can work on that individual mess.
Hang in there. :)
It does feel like a smack across the face🤕. Was it with you JRT? Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it! Okay :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
It does feel like a smack across the face🤕. Was it with you JRT? Yeah, that's a good way of looking at it! Okay :)
With both the dogs, actually! I guess it’s just a normal thing when training. Just the other day, I was super proud of Misty because she responded to an emergency recall after getting let out by accident. And then she threw a massive barking fit on our walk later that day when we went up to a squirrel... 😩 She’s taught me a lot of patience.

·
Super Moderator
3,736 Posts
Yep. Peggy was a dreamy poodle yesterday. Very near perfect. And then today she saw a chicken for the first time while we were picking up beef from a farm. I was trying to have a conversation with the lovely woman working there, and Peggy was acting like a LUNATIC in the car. Nothing I was doing would settle her. We finally had to just drive away.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Yep. Peggy was a dreamy poodle yesterday. Very near perfect. And then today she saw a chicken for the first time while we were picking up beef from a farm. I was trying to have a conversation with the lovely woman working there, and Peggy was acting like a LUNATIC in the car. Nothing I was doing would settle her. We finally had to just drive away.
I feel you. I have had this happen with Sisko. Not in the car, but when trying to talk to someone while outside and then just having to walk away because Sisko started to act like a lunatic.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
That is one thing I cannot do with Renn, I can not have him in the car unless I stay in the car, if I get out he will go nuts. Another example of him having a need to be next to me.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts