Poodle Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Good job keeping up with your training and your record of what you are doing. You are making progress, just make sure you don't become too dependent on using the bully stick as a lure. Make sure you work on turning it into a reward for doing the desired behavior for random and increasig duration without heavy distractions, then add some distance.
Okay, I will. Thank you Catherine!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sisko has been doing awesome! I've been taking his long rope toy outside with us and if he does good we'll go into the field to play with it. So far he has paid less attention to other people, and I can get him to focus on me more when there's other dogs around.

Yesterday he was able to focus on me and come up the stairs with me when there were people close to us WITHOUT PULLING.

We did a bit of jogging together today and he was so good at not pulling.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was able to get to Sisko follow me instead of just starring at this guy with his Golden Retriever across the street at the vet. We weren't at the vet.

I tried training Sisko to turn in a circle and it worked for maybe 7-8 times, but after that he stopped doing it and I couldn't get him to do it again.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sisko wanted to pull to say hi to this dude we were walking towards, but we took baby steps and we turned back everytime he pull. We were able to walk past the dude after a few tries?.
#baby steps

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have great news! I contacted a trainer about working with Sisko, and she said that he sounds like a great Poodle and just needs extra work with impulse control. She also said he would be great at agility too, so I want to start as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
22,587 Posts
That sounds great about getting some help from a trainer. I find that I really benefit from having someone see what we are doing and to give guidance.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
That sounds great about getting some help from a trainer. I find that I really benefit from having someone see what we are doing and to give guidance.
Yeah, I like it like that too. She's a trainer that makes YOU more interesting to you dog and I really like that. I forgot to mention that she wanted to do a private lesson, so it's going to be nice to have one-on-one time, but I'll have to see if we can also take group classes too, just so he can work around other dogs too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yesterday and today Sisko and I have walked somewhere new. Yesterday was better than today because Sisko pulled less, but we still had a good time today and Sisko got to meet horses for the first time and we got drenched with rain?! Sisko is still drying off. I might have to get the hair dryer!
IMG_20200324_152418638_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sisko and I have been playing "it's yet choice" games for the past 3 days and he's been doing very well.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts