Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sisko and I were just outside and this lady and her Husky were out and the Husky Was off leash and he approached Sisko and Sisko was perfect until the lady came. She was yelling at her Husky and she took of her shoe to hit him. Sisko did NOT like this and growled at her. I'm not saying it saying it was okay for Sisko to growl, but it seems like Sisko has good taste.

What do y'all think?

·
Super Moderator
659 Posts
I growled at someone today. I have never bitten anyone but I sure sound like I mean business at times. Good for Sisko. I let my dogs express themselves to let another dog or person know they are crossing a line. But, I also know my dogs have self control (unless it involves a roasted chicken on the counter top.)

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
I would have given all kinds of praise to Zekefur for growling at that woman. She deserved it! I can't believe she took off her shoe to hit him right in front of you. Pull your phone out next time and get video of it and let Animal Control see it so the dog can get in a better home.

Good boy Sisko. Keep protecting your mom and other dogs.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Sisko went to protective mode. I would have growled too if s someone suddenly approached me and had a shoe raised in their hand. He was saying hey lady back off!.. I'd probably would have made him sit at my side and not allow it to escalate any. Then I'd tell the woman, ya know you really shouldn't approach someone with their dog like that, it could cause my dog to leap out and go after you as he thinks your after me. Then I'd leave. I agree Sisko indeed had good taste.

·
Premium Member
22,591 Posts
Well that woman is an a$$ in more ways than seems imaginable as far as I can tell. First most communities have leash laws in my neck of the woods so there is the first dumb decision and then hitting her dog is just awful all around. Yelling at the husky wasn't productive either and doing all of that right in the proximity of you and Sisko could have been a horrible disaster. Yeah that lady is one of those types who shouldn't have a dog.

I think it was perfectly fine that Sisko growled in those circumstances and he showed good impulse control to to warn but not escalate. Good for you too.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Peggy was attacked at the dog park a couple of months ago (no, we don't go there anymore) and the owner just started BEATING her dog. It was a small cattle-type dog, maybe as tall as my knees, and the woman slammed her onto her side and hit her over and over and over again.

I still regret my lack of intervention. I was upset and worried about Peggy and just trying to get her out of there without scaring her more. I'm not usually the type to stay quiet, but adrenaline can have unexpected effects.

Wish Sisko had been around to protect that little dog. :(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have given all kinds of praise to Zekefur for growling at that woman. She deserved it! I can't believe she took off her shoe to hit him right in front of you. Pull your phone out next time and get video of it and let Animal Control see it so the dog can get in a better home.

Good boy Sisko. Keep protecting your mom and other dogs.
Okay, I will! Animal Control sucks where I live though, but I'll still record it and try.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sisko went to protective mode. I would have growled too if s someone suddenly approached me and had a shoe raised in their hand. He was saying hey lady back off!.. I'd probably would have made him sit at my side and not allow it to escalate any. Then I'd tell the woman, ya know you really shouldn't approach someone with their dog like that, it could cause my dog to leap out and go after you as he thinks your after me. Then I'd leave. I agree Sisko indeed had good taste.
Yeah, I would have growled too? Okay?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that woman is an a$$ in more ways than seems imaginable as far as I can tell. First most communities have leash laws in my neck of the woods so there is the first dumb decision and then hitting her dog is just awful all around. Yelling at the husky wasn't productive either and doing all of that right in the proximity of you and Sisko could have been a horrible disaster. Yeah that lady is one of those types who shouldn't have a dog.

I think it was perfectly fine that Sisko growled in those circumstances and he showed good impulse control to to warn but not escalate. Good for you too.
Yeah, she is! I was thinking that it could have been a disaster too, but we're really lucky that it didn't. It makes me so sad because they just got a Pitbull mix puppy not that long ago. I'm not against Pitbulls, but I do know that the little puppy's temperament might change because of how she's raised?

Thank you! I'm really proud of him?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Peggy was attacked at the dog park a couple of months ago (no, we don't go there anymore) and the owner just started BEATING her dog. It was a small cattle-type dog, maybe as tall as my knees, and the woman slammed her onto her side and hit her over and over and over again.

I still regret my lack of intervention. I was upset and worried about Peggy and just trying to get her out of there without scaring her more. I'm not usually the type to stay quiet, but adrenaline can have unexpected effects.

Wish Sisko had been around to protect that little dog. :(
I'm so sorry Peggy was attacked and I'm sorry that that happened to you☹. Oh my God! That's cruel! No owner should do that to their dog! Im heartbroken for that dog.

I would be too, but I would have done the same and tried to get my dog out of there too.

I wish so too?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts