Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A surprising weekend in Sinton. I took Yogi and my bred by puppy, Rex. I was hoping to put a point on Yogi but it was not to be. He was dumped the first day and got second in his class the second day. He showed well though. I have some jacket adjustments I need to make that will take a couple of months to work out.

Rex turned six months old Friday, so it was his debut. I was just hoping for a successful and positive outing as he has been a bit skittish at times in conformation class and is at a stage where he sometimes gets freaked out with a lot of commotion and dogs. He performed perfectly like he had done it all his life and went Reserve Winners Dog BOTH days. Sunday he beat out Yogi for the RWD ribbon. Since Yogi was second in his Open class and the Winners Dog was the dog that beat him in Open, Yogi came back in to compete for Reserve(luckily I had a friend ready and able to bring him in, as I was in the ring with Rex already). He got showed up by the little guy. I think he is sulking, but Rex isn't gloating as far as I can tell.

Oh well, I was very happy with Rex but disappointed of course, for Yogi. As I was leaving the ring, the judge commented on what a nice puppy I have. Very encouraging! Here are some pictures. They are fuzzy, as all my pictures from dog shows are. The venue was fantastic. Much better than the old one in Corpus. I was pleasantly surprised and will definately be going back there next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yay furelite! Too bad about yogi. you know sometimes they get a bunch of points and then do nothing for months on end especially if your not a pro so don't fret to much. Your pup is drop dead gorgeous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts