Poodle Forum banner

Simon's Neuter and pexy

584 16
Simon says that the "new tour and pixie" thing isn't as much fun as it sounded. Not only is his entire undercarriage shaved, he has to kept strictly on leash when outside on potty breaks for the next two weeks, which is 馃惍馃挬.

He had surgery this past Thursday. His incisions look good, and so far, he's not really bothering anything. There is a little bit of fluid accumulation in one spot that I'm going to be keeping an eye on, but so far, I think things are going well. Picture is from this morning's first potty break.

Dog Car Water dog Dog breed Carnivore
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simon is feeling better. He's getting his prance back, and wants to chase the blowing leaves when I take him outside. Still has a bit of fluid accumulation in places, but no worse than yesterday, and maybe a bit better, so I'm still just keeping an eye on it. He had a bit a seepage from his pexy incision last night, but again, nothing I'm too concerned about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How are things going?
He's doing fine, wanting to run around and act the fool, and very frustrated at me when I won't let him. Right now, I'm still keeping him crated and on leash for potty walks in the back yard, and trying to keep bouncing to a minimum. Incisions all look fine. Empty scrotum looks rather ridiculous, but I'm assuming that either I'll get used to it, and/or things will "tighten up" eventually, and not be as obvious.

Premium Member
Empty scrotum looks rather ridiculous, but I'm assuming that either I'll get used to it, and/or things will "tighten up" eventually, and not be as obvious.
The sac just shrinks away in time to "never would have know anything was there". Not sure that I have pictures of the transition :unsure:

Still plenty of fur in the area tho :).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the love of Dog, Simon, you aren't even two weeks out from your surgery. It is way too soon to be running laps around the yard. Especially laps where you are making sharp turns and jumping over things.

Seriously, he decides that the day the grass is wet and slippery to be the day to do zoomies?! He's been good about just trotting around a bit, and pottying off leash the past couple of days, but he's lost those privileges for the time being.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts