Poodle Forum banner

Silver?? Red?? SILVER!! Rant

11368 Views 58 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  NOLA Standards
I cannot help but love these two colors. I might REALLY like to have a silver standard someday.:):)

I have been searching around looking on sites and stumbled across a site that had LOTS of colors (poodles, mini, standard...) and puppies, grant it was looking real bad already but I thought I would put my knowledge I have gained reading posts on here and there it was in bold letters........ahh pretty purple font: WE SHIP SEMEN, seriously - IMO I think some people go way to far!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,947 Posts
she means artificial insemination

I read that some breeds like the English Bulldog have to be artificially inseminated because of the way the females uterus is shaped
and I could understand the show dog thing, why put the female or male in jeopardy of being injured from the breeding that they might need shaved?

but I would be a little icked out about the purple message of seminal fluids xD

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Oh ok XD
I just wanted to share one of my many useless facts that are stored in my brain

I agree I dunno why they had "WE SHIP SEMEN" instead of something like "WE HAVE A STUD SERVICE(email/call for questions)" lol
but I'd be pretty weirded out by that

But I'm not a person into dog shows or breeding so maybe those people aren't to worried about that fact?
((not that anyone should be worried I just didn't want to over use the phrases "ickked out" or "weired out" xDD ))

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I mean...don't quote me on the EB thing, I just remember reading it when I was doing my research on dog breeds ((which fit best with our family...that sort of thing))

I'm sure a breeder might be able to say if it were true or not

· Registered
1,947 Posts
oh I know its not new,
artificial insemination isn't new.
I just ((as a known breeder/shower)) find it odd that thats the way the person chose to advertise it

and I understand why its done =]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.