Poodle Forum banner

Silver?? Red?? SILVER!! Rant

11373 Views 58 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  NOLA Standards
I cannot help but love these two colors. I might REALLY like to have a silver standard someday.:):)

I have been searching around looking on sites and stumbled across a site that had LOTS of colors (poodles, mini, standard...) and puppies, grant it was looking real bad already but I thought I would put my knowledge I have gained reading posts on here and there it was in bold letters........ahh pretty purple font: WE SHIP SEMEN, seriously - IMO I think some people go way to far!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,062 Posts
Yeaahh.. studding dogs via vials is a little weird.. I can see how it can be more convienent though.
In the dog show world this is a very common practice . It protects the female from being exposed to anything and it protects the female from having to travel . I have my Champion BISS male setter collected hoping someday to find something worthy :)

· Registered
2,062 Posts
Never useless!! I am a sponge right now trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks
Okay need to calrify
Some breeders offer the frozen semen approach. A: So that they do not have to expose their dogs to another incoming female dog. Whether it be to pests or dickness or just stress... Plus the fact that this person (FEMALE dog owner ) may live really far away and they may not want to fly the girl in for a breeding. There are many reasons. Do I think they need to place this on the website ? No I do not ..If you do not show , breed or travel with your dog this would be hard for you to understand..But if you have been in the dog world for a while then this makes perfect senxe to you .... HA HA There are really alot of very strange things that go on out there. they have used the frozen fresh semen thing in cattle for YEARS.. This is not new...

· Registered
2,062 Posts
You don't know why they would do that breeding?
Have you seen Yes and her record?
To win.

I pray her health to continue to be well and that of her puppies, but it is a huge concern.
I hear ya But sometimes breeders will go back in the line to keep that winning type It is the dog show world.. Different in alot of ways

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.