Poodle Forum banner

Silver?? Red?? SILVER!! Rant

11368 Views 58 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  NOLA Standards
I cannot help but love these two colors. I might REALLY like to have a silver standard someday.:):)

I have been searching around looking on sites and stumbled across a site that had LOTS of colors (poodles, mini, standard...) and puppies, grant it was looking real bad already but I thought I would put my knowledge I have gained reading posts on here and there it was in bold letters........ahh pretty purple font: WE SHIP SEMEN, seriously - IMO I think some people go way to far!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Also, I think it's a good way to bring in a line that's absolutely not related to your dog, like many in your area might be.

If you have a show dog, female, and want a litter, you also don't have to fly her off for someone else to breed, especially if she's in a show coat, since I imagine it wouldn't be fair for the stud dog owner to have to take care of that while she's in their care.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Yeah ok...... I know about genetics, artificial insemination and so on..I think the point was missed. I dont agree with the practise on websites and honestly not with any dogs- your comment was ignorant you made and directed just as I read it.
No. I am making a general point. I am not specifically attacking anyone. I don't know why you're getting so defensive and offended.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Also, I think it's a good way to bring in a line that's absolutely not related to your dog, like many in your area might be.
This comment did not appear general to me. It seemed like a target at SC.
I am stating my opinion on the subject of the thread, I don't see how you got out of that that I was targeting anyone - which I am not. Why would I?

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Here, let me rephrase my comment to stop your confusion...

"Also, I think it's a good way to bring in a line that's absolutely not related to the local dogs, like many in the area might be."

Is that better? I am not targetting anyone.. So stop accusing me of it.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
BUT to advertise on a website Semen shipped and with the amount of litters they had is STUPID to me. AND what good breeder would accept that. Someone that would out this on their site is money hungry.
Well yeah, saying "HEY, WE SHIP SEMEN :D" on a site is off putting.. I agree, and I think, as an earlier poster said, that saying to contact them personally, minus that phrase and the bragging about how many times they've done it, would be a lot more professional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.