Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for another silly(but smart) Molly behavior LOL!

As I have mentioned in other threads, Molly is trained to use a potty pad for those 'late night pees' because getting outside of my apt late at night with my scooter and all it entails is very difficult......she much prefers outside but knows where to go when she has no other choice LOL! She REALLY hates pooping indoors so here is the funny part. She insists it be picked up immediately!
Whenever she has pooped on a potty pad she comes out to me (it's in the bathroom hallway) and barks and barks and barks until I get up, then she leads me to her poop, and until I pick it up and flush it down the toilet, she is just not happy! Once I do this, she turns around and goes back to the living room!
I thought I was imagining this behavior at first, so I tried leaving the poop on the pad and going back to my living room, but she got really upset and ran back and forth until I got up and flushed it!

Now I'm wondering if other dogs do this, or do I really have a truly potty trained dog Hahaha! It kinda reminds me of the toddler and purex bleach commercial!
this one:https://youtu.be/0GZVUfKFwMA

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
No Cayenne just does it and comes running back. If I have not picked it up and she goes again (I am in the office and potty patch in hallway and unless I go to kitchen I do not Know) she will go to potty patch and walk around back and forth, as if how can I go if it is dirty, I pick up and she proceeds with her business, but does not tell me at the time

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Mollie is a smartie, she likes a clean pad.

Reactions: MollyMuiMa

·
Premium Member
22,990 Posts
Smart girl, I think poodles are very fastidious dogs and Molly sure makes the case for that.

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Exactly! I have never had a dog that was so easily potty trained. Buck was upset smelling his own mess as a puppy. He points out any spots outside I’ve missed too. I recall a picture of Molly bringing you a poo bag, to let you know it was time to go out. That’s fastidious and so smart!

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Sounds very fair to me - she does her bit, then expects you to do yours! I think it underlines the very close bond between you, too - she knows you will listen and try to understand when she communicates, so it is worth persevering.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Louie did it too. When we were potty training and he still had pads as well - we don't use them anymore - he needed the pad cleaned asap - both with #1 and 2. My bedroom is upstairs so getting out the door fast enough was an issue - also I thought that it may be convenient for travel for him to also know how to use a pad. I have always rushed to clean up because with his squirrel antics of hiding food and treats all over the house I didn't want to have to face him hiding his poo as well - better to get me right away to clean it up!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Ruby is also a pad trained dog and insists that I clean/ replace the pad after each pee/poo visit! She has a specific way to indicate each action! LOL!!! Pee- runs to me and circles until I ask her ..."done a pee-pee?" At that point, Ruby runs back to pad and waits for me to replace with clean pad! Poo- runs to me and does poodle bow and scratches back feet on carpet until I ask...." Done a stinky?" Again, she runs back to pad for my cleanup! I have noticed that if I am away for a couple of hours, she has adapted and used each far end of the pad! LOL,!! ( 32x32" pads)

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
My goodness! You've raised a very responsible, tidy young lady. Amazingly cute and clever behavior.

Gotta love Molly. ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts