Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This I have heard from two different vets and would like to know a lot more about it. My youngest girl, Caoimhe is over two and so far has not had a season that i was aware of or any of her male friends that come to visit.

The vet says because her nipples are enlarged that she must have had a silent heat. Does this mean she could have a thyroid prob or ovary problems? I am not breeding her but want her to be healthy and happy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't know anything about silent heat cycles... but I never know when Sadie is in heat until the very last couple of days of her cycle.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a tiny yorkie girl 3 lbs 5oz who never had a heat until just about amonth ago, which was right before her 2nd birthday. I had never heard about this until I started wondering why she never had a heat. My understanding was that it wasn't harmful for her except that she could get pregnant b/c I wouldn't even know she was in heat (she is fixed now) But she did just have a full heat. Her heat came after I got my poodle puppy. I have heard being around puppies can bring them in, doesn't make sense really to me, but oddly enough she did come in not long after I got Jazzy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts