Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup! I鈥檓 going to work with a fat lip! I am actually thankful for having to wear a mask today.馃槈
Bobby and I are out for our morning walk. Bobby, sniffed something exciting. Bobby jumped straight up and his head hit me squarely on my mouth. I calmly had Bobby sit while I gathered myself together as it was very painful. Walk progressed as usual. What can I say?!
Mommy wasn鈥檛 too happy but at least she was calm. 馃槈 Poodles these days....

Registered
Who knew masks could be so helpful. Ouch. Hope you鈥檙e fe better soon.

i know some one who has a beautifully trained German Shepherd dog who not only broke her tooth but scratched her cornea in a freak accident in the middle of the night while she was sleeping. He was startled awake and in his crazed movement hit her face. Accidents can happen.

Reactions: Spottytoes

Super Moderator
Yup! I鈥檓 going to work with a fat lip! I am actually thankful for having to wear a mask today.馃槈
Bobby and I are out for our morning walk. Bobby, sniffed something exciting. Bobby jumped straight up and his head hit me squarely on my mouth. I calmly had Bobby sit while I gathered myself together as it was very painful. Walk progressed as usual. What can I say?!
Mommy wasn鈥檛 too happy but at least she was calm. 馃槈 Poodles these days....
Ooh, those pointy occiput bumps. Ouch.

Super Moderator
I've had three black eyes in my life. One from my cat, one from my dog, and one from my horse.
One of my friends, during her annual physical, once had a physician's assistant gently pull her aside and ask if everything was ok at home. She was like, what, why, huh. Then she noticed the assistant staring at a rather prominent bruise. Ohhhhh. "Yeah, home is just fine. I own horses. Thanks for checking."

Registered
One of my friends, during her annual physical, once had a physician's assistant gently pull her aside and ask if everything was ok at home. She was like, what, why, huh. Then she noticed the assistant staring at a rather prominent bruise. Ohhhhh. "Yeah, home is just fine. I own horses. Thanks for checking."
I had a Dr appointment when my poodle was just a wee pup. I had scratches all over my forearms (it was also rose pruning season). The nurse carefully quizzed me about self-harm behaviors. 馃檭

Registered
I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who has had a fat lip, bruised nose and even a nosebleed due to a bonk from an enthusiastic poodle. I have suffered these types of injuries from horses, too - plus bruised feet/toes and bruises practically everywhere on my body. The horse I ride now likes to give little affectionate nips that leave lovely purpose bruises on my arms. Oh, animals!! But I can't live without 'em!馃槏

Registered
Leo gave me a concussion and whiplash once. I was leaning over to pick something up, and she brought her head up, smacking me right between the eyes with the top of her (very hard) skull. I had never really understood the expression "seeing stars" before..... I do now.

And then there is this Dog Trainer or Victim ~ Denise Fenzi's Blog

Registered
Ow, that's no good! I had so many bruises and scratches from Austen when he was a puppy. Good for you for staying calm and managing the situation!

Registered
You did great, and far better than I could have hoped to! I've had injuries from horse, cat, and dog events myself 馃槀. Non or anti animal people can't begin to understand. There's more I'd say, but it would likely be disallowed here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! I knew you would understand. 馃槈 I鈥檓 much better and things will heal but Bobby鈥檚 hard head definitely did some damage, most of it on the inside of my mouth but there is a bruise on the outside too.
What we animal lovers put up with. LOL!!!
We love them though and I can鈥檛 imagine life without them.

Registered
While removing a ball from 10 week old Stephany's mouth, she grabbed my bottom lip. Those sharp puppy teeth really slice. Took six stitches to close it. She was a handful until she was three. Jessie, her litter mate, gave her a wide berth. I did too. But she settled down and both were great minis that had long lives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts