Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

For the past 4 or 5 days jakey has had diarrea and 2 days ago he vomited 3 times in the space of a few hours. He's never done this before so i am a little worried. We havnt changed his diet and he hasnt got worms, any suggestions as to what it could be, and also should i be taking him to the vet?? He is about 10 months old now and I understand that he could have eaten something nasty in the garden or out on a walk but I am getting a bit worried now.

Any advice??

Thanks guys and girls xx

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I would take him to the vet. Bring a stool sample to check also. A lot of times we cant find a cause for the v/d, but they can give him medication to help with both. Also they can get dehydrated pretty quickly and might need some fluids under the skin to help hydrate him. I hope he feels better soon! How is his appitite and attidude?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I agree, make a vet appointment and bring a stool sample. Better safe than sorry! Dehydration is definitely something not to fool with and if he is loosing fluids through v/d then he could get that way fast.

Wishing you the best.. hope you find out it is nothing serious and he is back to normal quickly!!!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Until you can get him to the Vet - you may want to fast him at least 2 meals with plenty of water -(give his stomach time to clean out) and then place on a bland diet of chicken and rice maybe with some yogurt it tends to ease up on the stomach. It sounds like he could have eated something. Has there been a change in his routine at all? I hate when they are like that. Suri goes through this every so often, so it appears she has a bit of a stomach problem when it comes to change. Good luck:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts