Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Marley's sleeping in my room, I keep my bedroom door shut to keep him from playing in the living room all night.

Last night he was up around 2am I thought just making some noise, but he actually threw up twice. He's only been eating the prescribed amounts of his all natural puppy food. I gave him one treat before bed, but he's never thrown up with me before?

As soon as he did, he starting wagging his tail and jumping around...I would have been more concerned, but he seemed fine afterwards?:confused:
He jumped around and played with his toys in the living room for about half an hour before coming back to his pet bed and going to bed.

Any thoughts? Should I be worried? I'm planning on checking on him today during my lunch break...so we'll see...:(

Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think if he's acting fine, he probably is fine.

Did you change food when you adopted him? It can take awhile for a dog to adjust to new food. I've been told to adjust gradually when introducing new food.

Eating lots of grass can make the dog throw up, too.

-- the other Marley's Mom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did change his food, but he's been on the new food since Thursday of last week? I guess it will just take him some time before adjusting.

I just checked on him during my lunch hour and he's definatley okay. Playing with my clothes--strewing them all over my apartment! OH and shredding toilet paper! :p haha Mental note: don't leave clothes or lotsa tp in his reach!

Thanks! :D

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Sometimes even a little grass or a odd size twig can make them throw everything up. Moose likes to re-eat his throw-up so it's even harder to tell why it happened. He used to do it a couple times a week until he stopped eating bark ;) and socks.

Just keep an eye on what they eat... it sounds like you give him free roam while you are at work? It may be best to stick him in a crate or at least fenced off in the kitchen or a bedroom until you KNOW he's not going to eat some bad items. TP can clog their system if they eat way to much. I don't know about your dog but when moose gets in the TP he shreds, and then gobbles a bunch too.

Crazy weird eating animals :D :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dogs get occasional upset tummies. I wouldn't worry unless he gets listless and won't eat. Be careful about weird things he might eat: sticks, papertowels, Kleenex, half-inflated balloons, dog chews... all of these things can make an obstruction. Make sure he is pooping good. What goes in, should come out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody! I really love this forum! I've never really used forums before but I'm loving this!

I will definately keep an eye on what he eats. I've emptied the trash and I am definately doing to be more mindful of what's on the floor. I guess he'll turn me into a tidier gal! :p college tends to leave some of us a bit messy....venture to say lazy! ;)

Thanks for the great advice! I hope I can give back some soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts