Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would put this under the SHOWING heading but it doesn't pertain to a poodle.

Well, we have a show this weekend. It's an outside show and things are pretty relax in Hawaii. It isn't Kala unfortunately. I had Kala entered in this show but had to cancel the entry before closing because I could not get her hair together. I learned some lessons with her hair so hopefully I will do better this next go around. Anyway, my husband is still going in the ring with his PWD. This is his first show and we are trying to decide what he should wear. There was a big show last month indoors and almost all of the men wore suits; however, I have seen men in show photos from outside shows that have hawaiian shirts and slacks on. I don't want him to look unprofessional but not overdressed either. Could he wear slacks and a long sleeve white shirt with no tie, hawaiian shirt w/slacks or should he definitely suit up? He doesn't have a suit so it would be a purchase we would need to make soon. For fun, pic of Boomba attached*excuse the manhandling of her head, our 2 yr old was distracting her and we had to get quick shots to send to our breeder:) boomba6months2.jpg

boomba6months3.jpg

boomba6months4.jpg

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
some smart slacks and a nice smart white shirt would be fine. A tie would spark it up a bit more too... In the end you can still show in shorts and t-shirt if you really wanted!!! The judge is *supposed* to be looking at the dog, not the owner. But you make your dog look a lot better when you're looking smart. A suit etc is great, and perhaps something you can consider for the future, but a smart & casual look is fine. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
He can wear Aloha attire. Sam (my breeder), usually wears black slacks and a nice Aloha shirt. Now, females are entirely different. GOod luck! I think, and this is my opinion after living here for 3.5 (almost 4 years all together) a suit would look very out of place.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
OHHHH !!!!!!

If I was living at Hawaii - MY man would not be allowed to wear anything but a "malo" for any occasion :tee: he he heeeee

Joking to the side - maybe nice linen slacks and off-white Tommy Bahamas silk shirt would look very elegant but still in the spirit of the location : )))

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
ahhhh XD
I can't get that image out of my head "a man wearing a 'malo' showing a dog" XDDD

if its casual wear that most of the people show in then thats what I'd aim for

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, this is what we decided on......

No win, but they both did very well for their first show. The judge said she'd be great when she's older. davidboombafirstshow.jpg Thanks for all the feedback.

I still can't believe I talked my husband into doing this-ha ha!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
thats exactly what I had in mind :D

...I think I'ma put Elphie in that trim XD
whats it called on a poodle "Modified Continental"?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think that was the perfect choice! With the weather the way it's been lately, it's been nice to wear pants :lol:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that was the perfect choice! With the weather the way it's been lately, it's been nice to wear pants :lol:
It has been chilly lately. I have been wearing pajama pants and keeping the windows closed in the mornings:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts