Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the net looking for a collar that wouldn't tear out Vaus's hair when I would take him on walks. I saw a couple, on different web sites and had an epiphany, I can make this myself! So I did.... How I made them is on my flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Attachments

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Hey I am a PA native!

Love your crafty work - - I suck at these things so I buy them. And your son is such a cutie and WOW that tattoo is really pretty oh how I imagine that hurts some!!

And of course your poodles are gorgeous as ever!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I have been saying we where going to make on for Enzo but this is what my mom made for him so far its working but we wanted on like the one you made lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must be nice to be so flipping multitalented.:top:
I just analyze things and study them. That's how I learned to groom poodles. I watched a grooming video a dozen times or so, and studied countless pictures of poodles in show coat. I learned to sew the same way, I take things apart with my mind, and figure out how they go back together. I draw too. I drew the tattoo design on my back, and told my tattoo artist what I wanted and showed him, and it hurt like hell! I guess I had to learn to do these things because as a child I was a loner and had no friends so I became creative and used my mind.:) My son is the same way only he is way more outgoing than I was!

·
Registered
646 Posts
This looks awsome and because the choker goes right through it you don't have to worry about how strong you have sewn on anything.
Awsome job and think of the styles you could do now.
Heck one for everyday. AWSOME now lets see it on him

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pictures of him in the collar. He needs a haircut and a bath! The next one I make I'm going to make a little skinnier. I don't like the neck brace look! Although the ones I have seen look about this size.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I just analyze things and study them. That's how I learned to groom poodles. I watched a grooming video a dozen times or so, and studied countless pictures of poodles in show coat. I learned to sew the same way, I take things apart with my mind, and figure out how they go back together. I draw too. I drew the tattoo design on my back, and told my tattoo artist what I wanted and showed him, and it hurt like hell! I guess I had to learn to do these things because as a child I was a loner and had no friends so I became creative and used my mind.:) My son is the same way only he is way more outgoing than I was!
What an inspiration! You'd make a great mentor. Wish you lived closer.:)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ooh, you sound just like me. I can take things apart in my mind too, and people look at me strangly when I try to explain that to them! lol!! Good stuff :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
a) You are ridiculously talented, that collar looks so good!
b) Your hair = awesome and beautiful!
c) Your tat... just... wow! It is amazing! I'm a fan of ink (I have three tattoos, myself), and yours is wonderful artwork!
d) omg, all of your kids are beautiful!

and back to the original topic... again, that collar looks great, if I didn't know that you had made it, I would have guessed you had it specially made. I'm guessing now you'll be having people asking you to make them :)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
It looks great on him !

the way He looks in the second picture made my sister and I laugh lol He reminded me of those woman in asia that put those metal necklaces around their necks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It looks great on him !

the way He looks in the second picture made my sister and I laugh lol He reminded me of those woman in asia that put those metal necklaces around their necks.

LOL! :scared:It does look like that! The next one I make will be a little skinnier! The bright color makes it stand out too.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I love his collar, I do think a brighter color wouldn't look so much like a neck brace. You did a great job though. I'm always in awe of your grooming skills and I love you other pics.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
vacheron It still like it !

What material did you use ? real silk? When my sister and I went downtown LA we could not find silk in tha state. It was more of a lacey silk we found. Like sheer for a shaw or something. I think we got satin I dunno what it is but ist nice an smooth. Can't beat 2-3 bucks a yard :D

Maybe neck time I go if anyone wants cheap fabric LMK. we got wind breaker material to make leg guards for 1 buck a yard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts