Poodle Forum banner

Show me your Pet Clips!

41647 Views 43 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  kfmercure
Either pics of a cute pet clip you've done on a dog you've groomed... or a cut you'd have your dog be in.

Lincoln and Tsuki are due for trims. I wanted to grow them out over the winter but with their coats still changing (they're about a year) I want it short and simple.

Thanks!!
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, a modern is essentially a lamb trim, but styalised.

A lamb trim has the shorter body coat, with it blending nicely at the shoulders and hips into a longer length on the legs. They can have a little crest too. A basic and simple trim to do!

A modern is essentially the same; it has a shorter body coat, blending nicely into fuller legs, BUT they do tend to have more neck/crest, and the area it blends into the legs is often lower (I take the entire rear end of the dogs down with a 4F or 5F blade, even if the boddy is full and long!) also there's often a little more 'tweaking' done to improve the look of the dog. Generally giving an overall more styley look, but is also harder to execute unless you've been staring at faaaar too many poodle-groom photos... lol!

Wishpoo, I LOVE being able to groom Saff for Jak! He keeps her wonderfully brushed out (un-heard of!) and likes her to look GOOD! It's soooooo nice having a(nother) spoo that I can groom WELL from time to time, rather than a boring ol' shave down. heh. And she's a darling to groom too ;)

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Boy, wish you live closer LOL OR, maybe it would be good to move to NZ ha ha, the economy SUCKS here LMAO
Lol, well all the beautiful grooming is down by Flyinduster, I only give her baths and brush her in between the 2 or 3 months that she goes in for clipping with Flyinduster, you know she got NZ GROOMER OF THE YEAR over here!

· Registered
2,155 Posts
It is so great to see two friends posting together here : ))) and from such a far away place :):):)!!! I always wanted to visit NZ , actually that was the first place we imagined moving to when we decided to move from Europe, but sometimes life takes us where it wants and not where WE want. lol

Is "spring" coming down there right now :) ??? Landscape on your photos looks so serene : ))) ! Are you close to the Ocean ???

· Registered
1,546 Posts
It is so great to see two friends posting together here : ))) and from such a far away place :):):)!!! I always wanted to visit NZ , actually that was the first place we imagined moving to when we decided to move from Europe, but sometimes life takes us where it wants and not where WE want. lol

Is "spring" coming down there right now :) ??? Landscape on your photos looks so serene : ))) ! Are you close to the Ocean ???
Yeah it is spring time now, but sometime you wouldn't know it with the rain we have been having lately, actually come to think of it, it hasn't rained badly for like a week or two lol

Yeah, we live by the sea in Dunedin, Dunedin has a harbour peninsula type thing, and I live on the top part looking over it, which is kinda cool.

NZ is a really cool place IMO lol, definitely worth a holiday, but there seems to be a really big stereotype against poodles! I know it's wrong! lol

· Registered
2,496 Posts
wishpoo, we're in the lil southern city of Dunedin, which is costal. Mind you, ya can never get 'far' from the ocean in NZ anyway, even right in the middle of the country! LOL!

We have a choice of plenty of beaches (quick head count, of at least 5) within 20 mins drive, and more if you go furthur. Jak lives just up form the harbour, so looks out over water too.

And yup, teh daffidols ahve been and gone, so has the blossom now, the rhodos are all out now though, and the days are getting longer! Which does also mean I'm getting in all teh matting dogs from dropping their winter coat too *sigh*

We'll make a thread with general pics of NZ one day for ya ;)

· Registered
2,155 Posts
"We'll make a thread with general pics of NZ one day for ya "

Awwweee, thanks guys :marchmellow: !!!! That is so kind of you : ))) :love: !!!

I can only imagine how much fun you and your spoos have living in such a cool place :) !!! Do you have boats ?! Go fishing, snorkeling and such : )??? It must be fantastic to be so close to the beach : ) and I suppose the Ocean is there nice and warm during summer LOL. I live in CA near the Pacific but NO WAY one can swim here - yuck - cold and murky waters LOL Fog every morning that lingers till 11 am O_O . Luckily I am somewhat inland so I do not have fog and sunshine "rules" here ; ) !

Is skiing season over up in the mountains ??? : )))

· Registered
2,155 Posts
OH MYYYYY GOOOODDDD !!!!! I just watched this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK7dl99Bwaw

What a BEAUTIFUL place a Dunedin is :congrats: !!!! I do not know what is cooler - the nature or that University LOL ?????

Anyway - first real money we make - we are coming to visit you LOL

It looks that it is not so warm , as I thought it was :), but it is beautiful all the same LOL How did Maori live in such temperate climate "semi- nude" LOL

Anyways - LOVE DUNEDIN :captain:

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Lol, we don't get very warm temperatures in Dunedin.
In summer, the max we get is around 30 ish (degrees celsius) so, the Ocean is NEVER warm lol, and it is the Pacific too!
Yup, over winter there is skiing in the mountains, mainly down here in central otago, but there are some other skifields scattered around the place.
And in central otago, the weather there is amazing. A wee town (probably not even that, only like 20 or houses) called Ophir, I think this is right, has the biggest extremes of temperature in summer and winter, I mean like the biggest gap between lowest temperature in winter, and highest temperature in summer.
But in Central Otago, where we have a holiday house, over summer it is like 30+ all day every day, which probably isn't much to some of you, but if you lived in Dunedin, you'd understand lol

Yeah, you can go fishing and snorkelling and all that, but I never have much really, just fishing when I was younger. But our neighbour across from us at our holiday house, has a boat, and he takes us on the lake and we go water skiing etc.

And yes, we have one of the best universities around, it is pretty cool, but a shame they don't have vet school, cos that's what I wanna be

· Registered
2,496 Posts
hahahaha!!!
It's NOT a warm place, infact Dunedin is often teased as being the 'cold south', and being in a little micro climate around the hills & harbour here, we're also quite damp, and usually cloudy too. lol! Which also means that the sea is NOT warm in summer! Though it is refreshing... heh

I don't really do anything in the ocean. As kids we'd always go swimming (had a bach at the beach and spent christmas' there) but I haven't swum in the ocean in years. I paddle along the edges when walking the dogs along them and nothing else really. Plenty of others swim, surf and boat about etc though! lol. I guess I'm used to it (born and lived my whole life in Dunedin) and I did live right on the beach as a kid for a few years too, so the beach is just normal, and I often don't go there for months, cos ti's always *there* when i do feel like going. :p

I do have some pics on my deviantart page: http://flyingduster.deviantart.com/ if you go to 'browse gallery', there's loads of animal photos I've taken, but also some general scenery ones etc including beach ones. heh

FD

· Registered
2,496 Posts
lol, there we go again!

I gotta say, that 30 degrees C, in Dunedin, is *rare* as heck, maybe getting that high literally once or twice in a summer, though into the 20's is common over summer. But at the same time we don't get way cold either, maybe -10 or something, and at most a few inches of snow (that melts within a day or two) maybe once or twice down low in winter...

· Registered
1,546 Posts
lol, there we go again!

I gotta say, that 30 degrees C, in Dunedin, is *rare* as heck, maybe getting that high literally once or twice in a summer, though into the 20's is common over summer. But at the same time we don't get way cold either, maybe -10 or something, and at most a few inches of snow (that melts within a day or two) maybe once or twice down low in winter...
Lol, again

Lol I meant 20+, 30 would be great for Dunedin!

· Registered
2,155 Posts
Hey guys - thanks for the free touristic tour :first: and Duster thanks for letting me see your Gallery - IT WAS SO MUCH FUN !!! I love all of your photos !!!! : )))

Who made those poodle drawings - soooo CUTE !!!!!! All of your animals are adorable and many photos are really fantastic : ) !

Jack - next time please make some "smoke signals" on that hill so I can spot you ; )) !!!

Yeap - LOL, I looked up the climate today and realized that it is pretty "fresh" he he heeee !!!! Sea looks pretty "choppy" , but it is beautiful !!! I am crazy about beaches and if the water is warm and calm (like in Hawaii, Caribbean, or Adriatic sea - of boy - I am in the water since dawn till the dusk and it would not change a bit if I lived by the ocean or not LOL : ))) !!!! I was always dreaming of becoming a Marine Biologist ... Juck Custo series were my "Sesame Street" when I was a child LMAO !!! Yeap - I was a strange child ha ha or maybe I was living by the sea (or in the sea ...like octopus or something)in my previous life he he heeeee...

Nobody still answered my question though - how did Maori live without dawn
jackets in June and July
:rofl:

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Hey guys - thanks for the free touristic tour :first: and Duster thanks for letting me see your Gallery - IT WAS SO MUCH FUN !!! I love all of your photos !!!! : )))

Who made those poodle drawings - soooo CUTE !!!!!! All of your animals are adorable and many photos are really fantastic : ) !

Jack - next time please make some "smoke signals" on that hill so I can spot you ; )) !!!

Yeap - LOL, I looked up the climate today and realized that it is pretty "fresh" he he heeee !!!! Sea looks pretty "choppy" , but it is beautiful !!! I am crazy about beaches and if the water is warm and calm (like in Hawaii, Caribbean, or Adriatic sea - of boy - I am in the water since dawn till the dusk and it would not change a bit if I lived by the ocean or not LOL : ))) !!!! I was always dreaming of becoming a Marine Biologist ... Juck Custo series were my "Sesame Street" when I was a child LMAO !!! Yeap - I was a strange child ha ha or maybe I was living by the sea (or in the sea ...like octopus or something)in my previous life he he heeeee...

Nobody still answered my question though - how did Maori live without dawn
jackets in June and July
:rofl:
Lol

Ummm, the maori wore gowny type things, my history is terrible, with like feathers I think. They still wear them today at official ceremonies. But I think they were only for special occasions. I think they just wore skins and other warmish stuff. I really don't know lol

· Registered
2,155 Posts
SHAME ON YOU:rofl: What kind of Kiwi ARE you ??? LAMO "Some kind of gowny feathery thing" :pound: OMG - I will pee of laughter ahahahaaaaa

Oh boy- I am Ok.... I am Ok.... LMAO I guess you would not know what "throwing the leaf on the ground means than either " if you met a Chief c-c-c-c-c-c ahahhaaaa

· Registered
2,496 Posts
lol! I don't realy care how maoris coped in the cold, they obviously did cope somehow, cos they're quite capable of kicking up a stink now! LOL! *mutters about being a true blue kiwi just as much as blimmin maoris, where are all my special privilages!* :wink:

If the poodle drawings you spotted were in my gallery and not my favorites, then I drew them. One of those is actually Jaks girl Saffy too! (the one with the big floppy hair! LOL) If it was in my favorites folder there, then it could be anyone! lol.

· Registered
4,481 Posts
I am looking at something like a desi trim and dutch without the clipped ears. For a pet cut. Any thoughts? I have utilzed past threads and see a few I like the desi on Paris.....I like that but then I like the waist of the dutch w/out the lines on the back....hope I got that right. I am looking for a new look for Suri.

· Registered
2,496 Posts
the dutch has many many variations, and just a band around the belly is one of them. To do the line down the back the neck band also needs to be shaved, and I don't personally like that very much either! But if you talk to a groomer about teh dutch trim, and just let them know you ONLY want the band around the waist, they should know what you mean. :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.