Poodle Forum banner

Show me your Pet Clips!

41647 Views 43 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  kfmercure
Either pics of a cute pet clip you've done on a dog you've groomed... or a cut you'd have your dog be in.

Lincoln and Tsuki are due for trims. I wanted to grow them out over the winter but with their coats still changing (they're about a year) I want it short and simple.

Thanks!!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,496 Posts
Some Paris pics....

her Desi trim at the moment:

her full german trim:

An old pet trim on her:

Saffy and Hestia (left and right) both have more of pet clips on them, leaving enough length to look nice, but not huge amount of hair...

more to come...

· Registered
2,496 Posts
an old boy , left with a bit of hair for winter:

more of Paris:

Generally for a nice pet trim, I use maybe a 3/4" or 5/8" snap on comb over the body, or perhaps as short as a 4F or 5F if it's a dark poodle and/or has a thick coat (Paris can't pull that off, her skin shows through her coat when it's that short!) and the legs done either by hand (if using a snap on comb on the body) or using a 1" or 3/4" snap on comb if the body is shorter... Ears, head, and tail all styled to suit your preferences!

· Registered
2,496 Posts
yup, a modern is essentially a lamb trim, but styalised.

A lamb trim has the shorter body coat, with it blending nicely at the shoulders and hips into a longer length on the legs. They can have a little crest too. A basic and simple trim to do!

A modern is essentially the same; it has a shorter body coat, blending nicely into fuller legs, BUT they do tend to have more neck/crest, and the area it blends into the legs is often lower (I take the entire rear end of the dogs down with a 4F or 5F blade, even if the boddy is full and long!) also there's often a little more 'tweaking' done to improve the look of the dog. Generally giving an overall more styley look, but is also harder to execute unless you've been staring at faaaar too many poodle-groom photos... lol!

Wishpoo, I LOVE being able to groom Saff for Jak! He keeps her wonderfully brushed out (un-heard of!) and likes her to look GOOD! It's soooooo nice having a(nother) spoo that I can groom WELL from time to time, rather than a boring ol' shave down. heh. And she's a darling to groom too ;)

· Registered
2,496 Posts
wishpoo, we're in the lil southern city of Dunedin, which is costal. Mind you, ya can never get 'far' from the ocean in NZ anyway, even right in the middle of the country! LOL!

We have a choice of plenty of beaches (quick head count, of at least 5) within 20 mins drive, and more if you go furthur. Jak lives just up form the harbour, so looks out over water too.

And yup, teh daffidols ahve been and gone, so has the blossom now, the rhodos are all out now though, and the days are getting longer! Which does also mean I'm getting in all teh matting dogs from dropping their winter coat too *sigh*

We'll make a thread with general pics of NZ one day for ya ;)

· Registered
2,496 Posts
hahahaha!!!
It's NOT a warm place, infact Dunedin is often teased as being the 'cold south', and being in a little micro climate around the hills & harbour here, we're also quite damp, and usually cloudy too. lol! Which also means that the sea is NOT warm in summer! Though it is refreshing... heh

I don't really do anything in the ocean. As kids we'd always go swimming (had a bach at the beach and spent christmas' there) but I haven't swum in the ocean in years. I paddle along the edges when walking the dogs along them and nothing else really. Plenty of others swim, surf and boat about etc though! lol. I guess I'm used to it (born and lived my whole life in Dunedin) and I did live right on the beach as a kid for a few years too, so the beach is just normal, and I often don't go there for months, cos ti's always *there* when i do feel like going. :p

I do have some pics on my deviantart page: http://flyingduster.deviantart.com/ if you go to 'browse gallery', there's loads of animal photos I've taken, but also some general scenery ones etc including beach ones. heh

FD

· Registered
2,496 Posts
lol, there we go again!

I gotta say, that 30 degrees C, in Dunedin, is *rare* as heck, maybe getting that high literally once or twice in a summer, though into the 20's is common over summer. But at the same time we don't get way cold either, maybe -10 or something, and at most a few inches of snow (that melts within a day or two) maybe once or twice down low in winter...

· Registered
2,496 Posts
lol! I don't realy care how maoris coped in the cold, they obviously did cope somehow, cos they're quite capable of kicking up a stink now! LOL! *mutters about being a true blue kiwi just as much as blimmin maoris, where are all my special privilages!* :wink:

If the poodle drawings you spotted were in my gallery and not my favorites, then I drew them. One of those is actually Jaks girl Saffy too! (the one with the big floppy hair! LOL) If it was in my favorites folder there, then it could be anyone! lol.

· Registered
2,496 Posts
the dutch has many many variations, and just a band around the belly is one of them. To do the line down the back the neck band also needs to be shaved, and I don't personally like that very much either! But if you talk to a groomer about teh dutch trim, and just let them know you ONLY want the band around the waist, they should know what you mean. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.