Poodle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be starting from scratch planning a new bath area/grooming station for Cleo, and I'd love to hear about yours, with pics if possible. Right now I have a grooming table in my laundry room with an extra wide laundry sink (double with no divider). I use a detachable sprayer with a long hose. When I'm drying her, I put the dryer on top of the washing machine, which is next to the grooming table.

All of this works pretty well, but I wonder if over time I'll have trouble lifting her into the sink and then from the sink onto the table, plus the floor is usually all wet... While I'm bathing her, her head is always sticking out over the floor and dripping water everywhere, on me, etc. I've considered whether a low shower would be better but that would mean more bending for me, so harder on my back, plus I wonder if I'll have a hard time keeping her there.

The grooming table is a good height for when I'm standing and working on her, but it's not adjustable, and when I'm doing her top knot, I need to stand on a step stool.

I'm especially interested in how you did your setup if you have a standard poodle. What sort of bath or shower? Adjustable or fixed-height table? Where is it in your house? Mudroom? Elsewhere? Any details and pics appreciated!
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Basil. SPOO. 44#, 11 months old.

Normal shower

Budget grooming set up on top of cage.

Pros:
Approved for stay-at-home orders during a pandemic
Budget friendly
Space effecient
Gets the job done

Cons:
Lots of bending and picking up
No bells and whistles

A handful of people here use a special hand-held wand and extra professional grooming tables so the process is easy on their body. They will probably chime in to point you in a better direction.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I got this shower head for $25 and changed it out in my stall shower. It is kind of back breaking, but you work with what you have. My grooming table is set up in my bathroom and takes up a ton of space. I’d love to have a dedicated grooming space with a raised bath.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bathe Cody in my kids bathroom. Large tub with detachable shower head with it's own on/off switch. I groom him in the same room, on the floor. There are doors to the tub area that close so it's a contained space, and for stuff like ears/face I can sit on the wide sides of the tub. (Otherwise I kneel on ground.) However I just clip him to 1/2" all over so it doesn't require the type of precision of most poodle-does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.