Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His face is getting pretty fuzzy...which means runny eyes :eek:hwell:

I even keep around his eyes trimmed up so the hairs dont poke his eyes but they always run when he has a fuzzy face! I think he looks cuter with a fuzzy face but I CANT stand tear stains, they bother me sooo much! I like the look of his face after it grows out for a couple weeks but I dont like it this fuzzy. The clippers I use for his face trim it so close to his skin I dont like it...I really dont know what I want to do lol. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
575 Posts
tearing is not just caused by the hair, it can be coming from an allergy or an anatomical issue. Also, small dogs are closer to the floor and dust and other pollutants get in the eyes a lot easier than it does with larger dogs. I don't think shaving the face is going to stop the tearing, but you can always try a food change, have the eyes examined by a vet, or even try the Angels Eyes to see if it's an internal problem. I've seen WONDERFUL results with some of my clients who's small dogs that had tearing and staining problems :)

Your pup is a real cutie!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the clipper I use on his FFT
PetEdge: Wahl Touch-Up Trimmer

I have noticed that when his face is shaved, even if he has JUST a mustache, that there is no tearing at all...and then it gets to a certain length where it starts tearing.

Here's him with his stache and he has no tearing

this is the length I love his face, and he still has no tearing

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Adorable as always : ))) !

I can see why you prefer "teddy" look though - he rally looks like a living doll with fuzzy hair <3 <3 <3 !!!!

Maybe you will have to stick with "happy medium" ???

He is cute any way you turn it LOL

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I shaved his face today!

His face is so tiny and long, lol. I'll post pics in a few days once it grows a tiny bit, it is shaved soooooo close to his face he looks goofy. He's sucha brat about it though. It took me last night and today to finish his face, I just left him with a huge mustache over night a shaved it off a couple mins ago. Its still patchy so I'll need to go over it again later so its nice and smooth. Tonight/tomarrow I'm going to work on his tiny little feet which are a PAIN to do and take forever!

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Shaving it is a good thing.........I hate the tear staining too and find it much easier to keep clean!.................But I love Atticus in his Teddy Bear look too...........! Decisions decisions decisions..................

·
Registered
508 Posts
Love the pic with the face shaved and I instantly thought of Asian Fusion style. Just need the stash a little larger and rounder. A Wahl Moser or the Bravura (which some prefer :) ) would be better for the face. The blade adjusts 5 different lengths and it does come with simple comb attachments, that I personally love, and they would give you the fuzzy face you love.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What an old thread! lol it was fun looking at these old photos. I now have the Wahl Bravura and LOVE it (and am a dog groomer now so his hair cuts look much, much better than these photos for 4 years ago lol). But I don't see myself shaving his face again anytime soon ;)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
What an old thread! lol it was fun looking at these old photos. I now have the Wahl Bravura and LOVE it (and am a dog groomer now so his hair cuts look much, much better than these photos for 4 years ago lol). But I don't see myself shaving his face again anytime soon ;)

Pictures please?????? :D

He is extremely cute!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
SHAVE IT! :D He looks really cute with his face shaved with just that stash!
He looks super cute with the mustache! (and once again, I find myself getting "schooled" on how very very cute toys and minis can be) I am now officially a reformed standard snob.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts