Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if I should register my puppy. I'm getting him neutered once he's had his full round of shots, so is there any point in sending in his paperwork? Are there any pros or cons to it?

·
Registered
486 Posts
From a breeders perspective, yes, register him. It makes it easier to track pedigrees, and good if you want to do obedience and rally, etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm in the same boat- but in case of future health issues, I am going to so I can report on any in his lines, even if he's going to be a dead-end in the gene pool himself. I owe it to the breed I love- who knows if anyone is planning on breeding his littermates? (byb accidental litter, sigh. I know, I know.)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I too say send them in. For future breed reasons, plus if you ever decide to go any events with your dog. I got Riley never planning on doing any sports with him besides manners obedience. He now has a couple titles, and it is so much easier to already have the paperwork rather then having to apply for an ILP number!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That's different! Every dog I have ever bought, the breeder sent the registration papers in! Maybe that is just how its done in Canada.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
purley it goes both ways with breeders up here.... some send it in for you some done (litter only costs like $20 to register.... so dunno why)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts