Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we brought Ruby Roo home last week she was 5lbs. I just weighed her and she is down to 4.6lbs so she has lost a little less than .5lbs. Now granted she is more active then she was at teh breeders since she spent mosf of the time in a kennel or xpen...here she bounces around almost constantly and has a good romp in teh snow chasing it etc etc...Is it safe to assume that the loss is from more activity? She eats pretty well though not much but she does eat often.

She is going to see the vet next Friday but I just wanted to make sure that there is no need to rush her in now.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
If she is eating and seems to be acting normal, there should be no need for concern. Like you said, she is getting exercised well now. I wouldn't be concerned.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
I wouldn't worry. Especially if you weighed on separate scales, or if it's a bathroom type scape and not one of the more higher-end scales for measuring low weights.

Also, as noted losing weight isn't bad if it's due to healthy activity.

Don't worry : )

Enjoy the new pup!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I would have her weighed at the vets on Friday and take her back again the following Friday to have her weighed again on the same scales. I don't really agree with the other posts here so far, a pup should not be loosing weight at 9 weeks, she should be putting on weight even with exercise. If she has just come home with you, then stress and change of environment, water, food might account for some weight loss, but .4lbs in a small 5lbs dog is actually quite a bit of weight IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts