Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting so hot and humid around here that I decided that Vinnie needed to be short and sporty in his new cut. This ought to be good for swimming. I REALLY need to get a pair of shears to get those scragglies - I am headed to an all breed show today and hopefully there will be a vendor there with good shears!!

I cannot believe how much he's grown! He was 6 pounds 11 ounces when I got him 5/12 and yesterday he was 10 pounds 12 ounces and he is still thin - He is almost as tall as the IGs now.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Vinnie looks really good with his sporty cut. I love that picture. His focus on the camera reveals his happy go lucky spirit. He's gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! I really need to get shears though. From some angles, it looks like a rabid beaver got after him! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! He is going to be silver and I can really see it coming in over his eyes. How long before it's more obvious do you think?

I didn't have any luck at the show - no grooming folks - just toys/treats. Ugh. I will either have to wait until early September (and get by with my office scissors :biggrin:) or order online.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thanks! He is going to be silver and I can really see it coming in over his eyes. How long before it's more obvious do you think?

I didn't have any luck at the show - no grooming folks - just toys/treats. Ugh. I will either have to wait until early September (and get by with my office scissors :biggrin:) or order online.
First off, he's adorable and I like his clip. Second, do you happen to have a cuttlery store in town? Thats were I get mine and Ive been pleased.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off, he's adorable and I like his clip. Second, do you happen to have a cuttlery store in town? Thats were I get mine and Ive been pleased.

Thanks! I don't think we have a cutlery store - I'll have to check though - great idea!

·
Registered
646 Posts
What about a human hair supply store? Better then kitchen shears LOL.
Good luck Silver is my new fav colour I thought I wanted a party but now want a silver

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about a human hair supply store? Better then kitchen shears LOL.
Good luck Silver is my new fav colour I thought I wanted a party but now want a silver

:roll: You're right! Actually, I think there is a human hair supply place not too far from me. I'll have to see if they are open today. What should I pay for good - but not outrageous shears? I want to do a good job on his hair. I was going to order some Chris Christensen shears - lifetime repair and sharpening, just have to pay to ship them and those were $150. The only reason I would pay that much is that they would be the only shears I would ever expect to buy.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
He looks great! I like the short sporty look! The ears I think are all about personal preferance and the dog, Zoey and Tynk look good with short ears like you little guy, but I think Kiara's ear leather is sooooo long it would look silly lol! I would try it but I know it takes FOREVER for it to grow back on the ears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts